The End of My Journey

ClassicBeauty

Ladies,
I've been a member here for several years now, and although I spend most of my time in off topic, I've still been growing my hair out. I straightened my hair this weekend for the first time in about 6 months, and I decided to show you my update. I think that this might be my last length shot in this forum. I'm over it.:look: By summer, I'm hoping to have color and a new cut. I just have to find the style and color that I want.:spinning:

For those who don't know me, I'm all natural, 3C with a patch of 4A in the crown. I have a SUPER BASIC regimen of cheap products. I've found that all my hair really needs is a lot of conditioning (doesn't matter which conditioner), no chemicals, and very little heat (no blow dryers and occasional flat ironing). My curly style is a braidout or a bun. To stratighten, I rollerset my hair on big rollers, sit under the dryer, and then flat iron. I've never been a product junkie or a LHCF expert. I just do what works for my hair. For me, less is best.

Happy Hair Growing!

Attachments

• 2012.jpg
    2012.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 621
  • 2012(2).jpg
    2012(2).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 588
Goregous hair! Congratulations on reaching the end of your journey. I really like the sound of your regimen. Less really is more oftentimes. I hope you post pics of the new 'do!

Lucie said:
Beautiful. Do you rollerset?

Yes. I rollerset with purple rollers and duck bill clips. Instead of setting lotion, I use a light, liquid leave-in conditioner spray. I've used infusium in the past, but I've been using motions for the past few years.

southerncitygirl said:
ClassicBeauty
:grin:very pretty but:

imma need you to sell the hurr you cut to me or put it up on ebay:look:

If they saw how time-consuming it was to handle, they wouldn't buy it! It just takes too much of my time, and now I'm looking like a member of the Duggar family when I wear it straight.

The problem is that I still have CRAZY shrinkage, so when it's curly, it's APL. I like the length when it's curly, but it's too much when it's straight.

PinkPeony said:
ClassicBeauty you said your curly hair hangs till apl,is that your washngo length or a braidout?
Beautiful hair btw good job

Braidout. I can't do a wash and go. I have too many textures, so I have to braid it up before I can wear it out. The braids don't have to dry all the way before I take it down, but it has to be "formed" for at least a little while. Lately I've been using Kinky Curly Custard for braidouts. I resisted for a long time because of the cost, but another hair blog had amazing pictures for their daughter, so I bought it for my DD. I ended up trying it on myself, and I like it for my braidouts.

Because of the different textures, shrinkage is not consistent. Some strands in the back go past APL, but most of my hair shrinks to about APL.

havilland said:
Your hair is magical!

How often do you wash, co wash, deep condition, etc

I break all the rules. When I was really serious about growing, I washed and deep conditioned each week, then every 2 weeks, then once a month. At this point, I do it when I feel like it. As I said before, I'm kind of over it. If my hair is just filthy, I'll wash, condition and leave it in a bun (with conditioner) for a few days (spritzing with water and conditioner each day). My life is pretty hectic, so I don't have the time that I used to have to devote to hair. Styling and taking care of DD's hair is my first priority, so my hair often ends up in a bun.

whiteoleander91 said:
your hair is amazing!! it makes me excited for the future :yay: make sure to take pics when you get your new haircut!!

I have to find a style first. I had really short hair once before, and I know that my head is too big for that. Plus that's too much work. I have to have the option of a ponytail or bun.

Gorgeous!!! :drool:

I'm going to cry when you cut it. The only way I won't cry is if you sell it to me instead of southerncitygirl. I will love it, take care of it, clean it, and take it out for long walks :yep: :lol:

ClassicBeauty, have you considered donating your cut hair like @Mz.MoMo did to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths who provides FREE wigs to women and children with cancer? It is a noble deed and if you ever suffer from hair cut remorse, you will know that you cut it for a good cause.

*gasp* Gorgeous hair. Congrats on reaching your goal. I can't wait to see the cut and color that you choose. Your hair is beautiful.

Thank you for sharing. Is your hair fine? Do you have picks of your curly or braidout hair?

@freecurl

This picture is sort of old, but it's really about the same shrinkage. After a certain length, my hair stopped growing down and started growing out. :grin: This is my version of a braidout.

Attachments

• 2012(3).jpg
    2012(3).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 153
ClassicBeauty...You have gorgeous hair straight or curly!!! There definitely seems to be consistent rewards in KISS regimen's. I know it will be lovely when cut as well. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks so much for sharing your hair journey. I'm sure I'll respond in the same manner as the ladies whom have reached their goal. It seems a bit like Forrest Gump when he "just stop running" it was over just like reaching the end of a hair journey -lol. Your hair is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your regimen.

You have a great sense of humor with the Duggar comment.

Seems like we have very similar hair and regimens, well lately I've been playing around with seep conditioning more often, but it's usually just whatever I feel like and cheap products too. I also have the multiple textures going on.

Your hair is lovely! Please come back to post pics when you find that style and cut!

Back