The Elastic Free Bun

Tracy

It's not really extra deep - but here it is...I just didn't think my hair could do it....

I gather my hair as if I was going to put an elastic in it. I hold the place where the elastic would go with one hand and with the other hand I take the length and twirl it like a pin curl until it's all coiled against my head. I tuck the ends under the coil and secure with those large brown plastic hairpins and tie my edges with a scarf after applying some mositurizer and a dab of gel. When I wake in the morning I have a completely secure, smoothed edged bun that I can leave in until my next wash if I want. If it loosens a little I just repeat the process.

I'm sure many of you do this already - no? I just never thought my hair was longer enough. I just tried it recently and was pleasantly suprised....I still can't do it with my wet hair (talk about low maintenance - whn I can get that done I'll be set!) but this means that I wear protective styles 2 full days between washes. For me that's alot. I wash every 3-4 days - so I wash - leave it down the next day and then it goes back up until the next time I wash it.

Anyway - ramble ramble - that's the "magic" bun...LOL!

Ohhhhhh!!!

You gave instructions for a perfect old-fashioned way to make a bun-often that is better!

I was doing this with my pressed hair already, except I use a couple giant bobby pins. I tried the plastic U-shaped brown hair pins in this style, but my hair is so fine that they kept slipping out /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But my natural hair shrinks up a bit too much now to do the same style right now. Plus I have to cut back on pressing for a while, as that will save me time and damage.

Thanks for the info /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've been wearing my hair like that too! Its great way to protect your hair without using a lot of tention. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back