The CG Method

NitaChantell

Has anyone tried this? If so, are you seeing any progress? I want to try it, but I really don't feel like reading every ingredient of every product. Are cones & sulfates that bad? The shampoo I use(only once a month) is Aphogee Shampoo For Damaged Hair. It has sulfates, but my hair never feels dry or stripped afterwards...

I started going by the CG method when i went natural. My hair has never been as healthy as it is now. I only do cones and sulfates when straightening my hair.

Cones and sulfates can be bad for some people, but they're not "evil". If your hair is fine with your shampoo, then stick with it.

There's a lot of information about the CG method on naturallycurly.com, you should check it out if you haven't been there already. I also suggest you research silicones and sulfates on www.thebeautybrains.com. They have some really great explanations for why they're not necessarily bad.

Curly girl for life!!!!!!

I do avoid most unnatural ingredients which would include cones and xanes. but it won't be the end of the world if you try a product that you love that has a cone or two in it. It's all about the ease of washing it out of your hair without needing to shampoo with sulfates that can over dry and strip your hair. I conditioner wash only. The only time I use my sulfate free shampoo is when I do an egg treatment or something, which is pretty rare.

Let me tell you there is a transition period where you might get a little itchy, but don't get discouraged, after that you'll retain more moisture and get better curl definition. I'm a convert!! I don't know if you've checked it out or not, but naturallycurly.com has a wealth of info. It renewed my faith in natural products and between LHC and there, I've fallen in love with my natural texture all over again.

curly girl since the beginning of the year and its the best thing that has ever happened to me. my hair grows so much better and HEALTHIER. my curls are POPPIN" even during my transition. my hair is soft and moisturized. and i even found a CG heat protectant. try it. PLEASE! lol

yes it requires avoiding cones and sulfates which at first can make finding products a little harder. but it made me turn towards more natural things such as shea butter, bentonite clay, and coconut oil. and garnier sleek and shine conditioner is the best thing i have ever used. but i would never have tried it if i wasn't looking all crazy in rite aid reading the back of bottles. lol

Back