The Case Of the Desert Syndrome!!! Dun-Dun-Duuuuuunnnnnn!!

SmilingElephant

My hair is suffering from severe dryness lately ladies!!! I've tried moisturizing everyday with my Seyani Hair Butter....as well as spritzing with my Rosewater/Aloe Juice mix...as well as doing these together...AND sealing with oils.

I'm thinking maybe i need a clarifying wash....but what if it comes out even MORE dryer?? Even the day after a good deep moisturizing conditioning....its dry!!!:perplexed

I scared:baby2:....HELP!!!!:look:

I'm sorry this is happening to you. The other day Coffee posted a moisturizer that she stated kept her moist all day. I think she lives in the AZ , so maybe she'll chime in.

Maybe i should go back to co-washing? But its too cold for me down here in Florida right now to be doing that too often. I get sick easily!!

You might need to clarify. Do not be afraid, you might need it. Also, if you do not need it, but want to try different products to combate the dryness, it would be a good place to start. When was the last time you used shampoo?

Clarify first, then try the products again. If they don't work, you may have to find an alternative.

I really like Hawaiian Silky 14 and 1 moisturizing spray; it's helping to keep my nearly 5-months' NG nice and moisturized.

You might need to clarify. Do not be afraid, you might need it. Also, if you do not need it, but want to try different products to combate the dryness, it would be a good place to start. When was the last time you used shampoo?

I shampoo and deep condition once a week....i think you're right though...i think i'm gonna clarify tomorrow....and then deep condition...bc its really dry but it feels like i have product on my hair at the samr time...i hope thats all it is.

Baggying at night really helped me keep moisture.

I tried baggying before.....is not good for me:nono:....but thanx for your help love :hug3:

I fixed it!!!! I needed to clarify!! So i shampooed and deep conditioned with Lustrasilks Cholesterol with the Shea Butter and Mango in it.

Its not dry anymore you guys!!:woohoo:

I decided to flat iron it since i have somewhere to be tomorrow....and its so nice:)

Clarify!!! You definitely may have product buildup, especially with all those different products you've been using! :yep: I would also suggest a porosity test...your hair is most likely unbalanced so using a product like Roux Porosity Control shampoo and conditioner may help. I know everytime my hair feels extra dry I use them and it retains moisture much better!

Glad you fixed it because i was about to suggest you saturate your hair in olive oil before you clarify. It always works for me!

Clarify!!! You definitely may have product buildup, especially with all those different products you've been using! :yep: I would also suggest a porosity test...your hair is most likely unbalanced so using a product like Roux Porosity Control shampoo and conditioner may help. I know everytime my hair feels extra dry I use them and it retains moisture much better!

Thanx lovenharmony!! I will look into that...i've been reading so many rave reviews about those products....its sold at Sally's right?

I might try that next week.:)

Back