The breakage has begun :(

Kinkyhairlady

I posted about heat damage to my hair few days ago and now I am noticing long strands snapping off (no white bulb at the tip)! The issue I’m having is if I do a protein treatment like “Nexus Emergencee” do I just put it on the heat damage sections ? don’t think my whole head needs protein cause the stylist said it was dry and mainly needs moisture. How do I do this? I use the Cathy Howse conditioner so I’m wondering if it is safe to put that on my hair and the “Emergencee” in the sections that need it? Any advise will be appreciated. TIA

It's kinda hard to even begin to comment/or offer advice when you haven't posted not one picture of what you are talking about exactly. Come on nah...this is LHCF ya dig...WE NEED PICS!

It's kinda hard to even begin to comment/or offer advice when you haven't posted not one picture of what you are talking about exactly. Come on nah...this is LHCF ya dig...WE NEED PICS!

I used to have pics years ago but I haven't been taking pics lately nor do I use my desktop much so because I'm on my phone it is harder to do. The breakage is not noticeable yet so pics would not help. It is starting so I want to stop it in it's tracks. That is what I need advice on.

I say use the Emergencee on your entire head, because you may have damage that just hasn't appeared yet. I would follow up with somethimg more intensive then the Cathy House conditioner. I would use AO-HSR, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, or Joico Moisture Recovery. You are going to need something that packs a good punch!

I say use the Emergencee on your entire head, because you may have damage that just hasn't appeared yet. I would follow up with somethimg more intensive then the Cathy House conditioner. I would use AO-HSR, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, or Joico Moisture Recovery. You are going to need something that packs a good punch!

Ok so I will do the emergencee all over, for how long under the dryer? I have nexxus Humectress, will that be sufficient to follow up with?

Actually, the use of some protein followed by a good moisturizing conditioner should help you retain a bit more moisture. This is important since you have dry hair anyway.

I use my protein conditioner for 15-20 minutes under the dryer then follow with a longer (minimum 30 min.) moisturizing DC.

Hope this helps.

Ok so I will do the emergencee all over, for how long under the dryer? I have nexxus Humectress, will that be sufficient to follow up with?

When I used Emergencee, I sat under the dryer until it was about 50%-75% dry. I cannot remember what they recommend on the back of the bottle though. Humectress is just average for me. They changed the formulation and I've disliked it ever since. However, if Humectress gives you great moisture, I say go for it. I hope this helps...:yep:

Come on sista..............lighten up. There are some old timers round here like myself who don't have any pictures and still fumble around trying to download em on the computer................LOL!

When I used Emergencee, I sat under the dryer until it was about 50%-75% dry. I cannot remember what they recommend on the back of the bottle though. Humectress is just average for me. They changed the formulation and I've disliked it ever since. However, if Humectress gives you great moisture, I say go for it. I hope this helps...:yep:

Thank u! I will check out the joico cause Humectress really is not all that.

Back