The braid out....Question???

tthreat08

Hello everybody! It's time for my periodic whining session about "the bun"....I'm sick of it again. So, I was thinking that I would try wearing a braid out for a while. So here are my questions:

1. Is it okay to wear a braid out if our hair is only three inches past your shoulders and more brushing your shoulders when wet? Will this cause breakage? Any positive expereinces?

2. What is the perfect technique?/products? Will curly custard work----I alredy have this but it made me feel like i had a jerry curl when i used it for a wash and go style....is it better for braid out?

Thank you ladies!!!!:)

My hair is almost that length. I did bantu knots at the end of each cornrow. The curly ends didn't brush my shoulders much. Sometimes I do braid outs to blend my new growth a week or so before a touch up. I haven't had any bad experiences.

I use Black N Sassy setting cream on wet hair. I never tried curly custard before.

I love braid outs. I think just grease and water does the trick. I like to wear my braid out in a bun.

Happy bunning

I have hair about that length and I use perm rods w/end papers at the ends of the plaits and roll them up pretty tight.....it doesnt tough my shoulders after that.I make sure to put oil on my ends also.hth

Back