The Bible in Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

loolalooh

I never knew this particular translation existed. I'm still researching it, but it is said to be a "strict literal translation of the original Hebrew and Greek texts." This also caught my eye:

The Preface to the Second Edition states,
If a translation gives a present tense when the original gives a past, or a past when it has a present; a perfect for a future, or a future for a perfect; an a for a the, or a the for an a; an imperative for a subjunctive, or a subjunctive for an imperative; a verb for a noun, or a noun for a verb, it is clear that verbal inspiration is as much overlooked as if it had no existence. THE WORD OF GOD IS MADE VOID BY THE TRADITIONS OF MEN. [Emphases in original.]

So, for my question: Does/has anyone used this translation? What are your thoughts on this translation?

I question some of its translations. For example, the scripture provided below.

KJV: Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

YLT: Rom 2:11 For there is no acceptance of faces with God,

I would interpret the KJV version as saying: God does not make differences or show favortism.

The word acceptance throws my off in the YLT version. If faces does not make a difference to God then why does the Bible say "God hates a proud look" or "He will beautify the meek with salvation." That is what comes to my mind after reading the YLT version. I however, could be totally off from its meaning. In this example the KJV was more literal to my understanding.

I'm not familar with the HCSB translation.

Personally, whether the scriptures are past or present. The question for me is: Does God or will God back up that version? From my experience God has performed and acted on the KJV. And that is the version I will continue to believe and judge other interpretations by.

In time, worldly spiritual powers (leaders) will probably change the KJV and try to make it obsolete. You know what that means...

Loolalooh your hair is pretty.

Back