THE BEST PROTEIN FREE DAILY MOISTURIZER

PuffyBrown

I have really thick hair and it seems to be getting thicker. I really need to be careful with my moisturizers.
I am trying the NTM and it is great but not enough for my hair. My hair is soaking this stuff up in about 2-3 hours.

I need a really good daily leave in that does not have any protein. I use a protein leave in already but need additional moisture.

I like elasta qp recovery oil moisturizer. Pretty sure no protein is in it bc my hair hates protein, especially in daily products. It makes my hair come out in my hands every time I touch it.

Looking forward to hearing more...seems like most of them tend to have it. Keratin is what my hair hates most lol. Bring on the moisture only baby!

I know some ladies perfer not to order things, but I have not found any BSS moisturizers that add up to the protein/silicone free ones I use:

Sunrise Products Hair Souffle
Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
Qhemet Biologics Burdoct Root Butter Cream
Qhemet Biologics Olive Oil Detangler (although I only use this one as a leave-in)

This have taken my moisture to levels I have never experienced with anything else.

I know some ladies perfer not to order things, but I have not found any BSS moisturizers that add up to the protein/silicone free ones I use:

Qhemet Biologics Olive Oil Detangler (although I only use this one as a leave-in)

This have taken my moisture to levels I have never experienced with anything else.

HoneyDew,
would u mind describing those three qhelmet products and what you like about each one? Im trying to decide which one to try out first. I want something that moisturizes but isnt too heavy that I can use daily or every other day and that wont revert my rollersets. Also, do u seal with oil or are they good alone? thx in advance!

HoneyDew,
would u mind describing those three qhelmet products and what you like about each one? Im trying to decide which one to try out first. I want something that moisturizes but isnt too heavy that I can use daily or every other day and that wont revert my rollersets. Also, do u seal with oil or are they good alone? thx in advance!

Sure:
Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream - this one is wonderful for my ends. Sometimes the Hair Souffle is too oily for my needs and the Burdock Root Butter Cream is too softening. At those times, the Heavy Cream fits right in there and gives my ends some nice moisture. I normally use this one on my ends in the a.m. when I may need a little more moisture. I never roll myhair at night with this really. Not sure why, but it just does not seem to be a good fit for that. I seal it with oil most times. This is my pre-Caruso curls ends moisturizer, too.

Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream-the label says it is for fine hair. I don't know about that. I think you can beneft from it even if you have thick hair. This moisturizer for me really ups the moisture level, but it is light. I went 5 days of using it everyday and my hair was almost over moisturized! I was wearing my hair up everyday that week so it was perfect. Every night I took my hair down, I was very hapy with how soft and moisturized my hair was. I do still seal it with oil, as well.

Qhemet Biologics Olive Oil Detangler is oilier and I prefer not to use it on my dry hair really. It does not give my hair the softness I like when I apply it on dry hair. It has been the perfect leave-in, though. It is not too oily so if I want to use heat, it works fine!

As you can see, my hair's moisture needs vary all the time. I just cannot settle with just one moisturizer in my supply because my hair is so picky like that. But, I think that the one I use mostly is the Hair Souffle. Out of 7 days, I use that one 60% of the time and the others the rest of the time.

HTH. :)

Last edited:
Try Organic Root Stimulator Carrot Oil. It is a water based moisturizer. Then to seal it in, use your favorite hair oil.

Thanks, I was looking at the website the other day you posted the launch of their Burdock Root Butter Cream. I will definitely try this because nothing I have been using is lasting. I have to moisturize twice, a day! and my hair keeps getting thirsty. Most of the time I just spray it with water in a spray bottle, but I started thinking that I might be messing with the product already in my hair. I just had water with an itzy bitzy amount of EO's in it. Dont see how it would hurt but I did that when I was natural. I have been relaxed for about a month, not sure about the water.

Sure:
Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream - this one is wonderful for my ends. Sometimes the Hair Souffle is too oily for my needs and the Burdock Root Butter Cream is too softening. At those times, the Heavy Cream fits right in there and gives my ends some nice moisture. I normally use this one on my ends in the a.m. when I may need a little more moisture. I never roll myhair at night with this really. Not sure why, but it just does not seem to be a good fit for that. I seal it with oil most times. This is my pre-Caruso curls ends moisturizer, too.

Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream-the label says it is for fine hair. I don't know about that. I think you can beneft from it even if you have thick hair. This moisturizer for me really ups the moisture level, but it is light. I went 5 days of using it everyday and my hair was almost over moisturized! I was wearing my hair up everyday that week so it was perfect. Every night I took my hair down, I was very hapy with how soft and moisturized my hair was. I do still seal it with oil, as well.

Qhemet Biologics Olive Oil Detangler is oilier and I prefer not to use it on my dry hair really. It does not give my hair the softness I like when I apply it on dry hair. It has been the perfect leave-in, though. It is not too oily so if I want to use heat, it works fine!

As you can see, my hair's moisture needs vary all the time. I just cannot settle with just one moisturizer in my supply because my hair is so picky like that. But, I think that the one I use mostly is the Hair Souffle. Out of 7 days, I use that one 60% of the time and the others the rest of the time.

HTH. :)

I have to moisturize twice, a day! and my hair keeps getting thirsty. Most of the time I just spray it with water in a spray bottle, but I started thinking that I might be messing with the product already in my hair. I just had water with an itzy bitzy amount of EO's in it. Dont see how it would hurt but I did that when I was natural. I have been relaxed for about a month, not sure about the water.

Spraying water would not help me maintain moisture unless I kept spraying it every 20 min! Water evaporates. I think a moisturizer that is has humectant sthat draws water into the hair and keeps the moisture in there are better and worth it.

HoneyDew,

Do you use the Qhemet products on wet or dry hair?

The Burdock Root Butter cream came to the rescue last night! I did a henna treatment Sunday and the wind and cold hair are creating major moisture problems for my skin, hair and hands! My Hair Souffle did not cut it! :nono: Put some of the Burdock Root Butter Cream on my ends, sealed it with some oil and rolled it up. This morning it is back to normal! :grin:

Now let's see how it holds up after I leave out in that wind we got going on today. :look:

Back