The best "drug store" products.

Mizani_Mrs

Hi ladies, ok so I am 100% certain that my hair responds 100% better when I use high quality salon products. I will even go further and say that my hair responds better when i use 'white' salon products, better than ethnic salon products and so much better than when BSS quality products used. I believe its because they have better quality ingredients. With salon products my hair behaves soooo nicely (holds curls, fluid, bounce, shine, straighter flatiron results, etc) and i loose a minimal amount of hair while stretching and detangling. My staples so far are Joico and Aveda. But in the interest of saving money...I am interested in experimenting with quality drug-store brands also (pantene, garnier, etc etc). So please share and tell me what brands & products are considered the 'cream of the crop' of the drugstore... since there's so many brands out there i dont know where to start.

thanks!

Lately I really love the naked naturals line for shampoos and basic conditioners.

Garnier shampoos are nice and have low pHs and I also like their deep conditioning mask, especially when I flat iron my hair out.

Nexxus Emergencee is a nice medium protein treatment at just about every drugstore.

Lately I really love the naked naturals line for shampoos and basic conditioners.

Garnier shampoos are nice and have low pHs and I also like their deep conditioning mask, especially when I flat iron my hair out.

Nexxus Emergencee is a nice medium protein treatment at just about every drugstore.

I :heart2: drugstore products. I second Naked Naturals poo & condish.
Also:
Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Mask
Aussie Moist conditioner
Cristophe Purely Natural poo & con.
Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud conditoner (I use this as a moisturizer.)

I just started using GF this past Saturday. I am 8 wks post relaxer and I am very impressed. My hair is soft and bouncy, and it smells amazing!:yep:

I'm currently using the Redken "Real Control" line and some of the "Sooth Down" line and its going great so far. The shampoo is really moist and the deep conish is the truth! Its a staple for me! Although I've found Redken products in Rite Aid, I do see them in high end salons.

I keep hearing great things about Naked Naturals a friend of mine uses it in conjunction with her Aveda stuff...

Drugstores lines often do one thing very well, if you pick from each what they do best you can have salon quality for a 1/3 of the price.

In the products I've tried, for my hair relaxed, texlaxed and natural I've found Garnier excels at masks, DC bases and co-wash conditioners. Pantene at co-wash products only, sunsilk and herbal essence and co-wash and leave-in products, Jason as shampoo, co-wash and DC products, John Frieda at co-wash and DC products, L'OreaL as co-wash and DC base products, Nature's Gate as co-wash and shampoo products. Sunsilk and John Freida are very hit and miss with me for styling products as is Garnier but once you find something that works you're gold. I must note, aside from Nature's Gate and Jason drugstore shampoos = fail. At least for my mane.

HTH. :yep:

Hi ladies, ok so I am 100% certain that my hair responds 100% better when I use high quality salon products. I will even go further and say that my hair responds better when i use 'white' salon products, better than ethnic salon products and so much better than when BSS quality products used. I believe its because they have better quality ingredients. With salon products my hair behaves soooo nicely (holds curls, fluid, bounce, shine, straighter flatiron results, etc) and i loose a minimal amount of hair while stretching and detangling. My staples so far are Joico and Aveda. But in the interest of saving money...I am interested in experimenting with quality drug-store brands also (pantene, garnier, etc etc). So please share and tell me what brands & products are considered the 'cream of the crop' of the drugstore... since there's so many brands out there i dont know where to start.

thanks!

co-signing completely with you Mizani_Mrs:yep:! In a effort to save more and spend less this year, I too am seeking quality drug-store brands. I am going to look into the NTM line this weekend. Hopefully, we both will be able to find what we're looking for.

my super market sells GIOVANNI and so does walgreens also i love ELASTA QP it is sold in beauty supply stores BUT the ingrediants are awsome and the whole line is salon quality no sulfates ect i think this is one of the most slept on lines!!! the aussie moist is also great i rarly use drug store ONLY if it is natural. alot of the drug store brands (unless your in the natural section) the shampoos are crap so check the labels

Yay! i'm glad i'm not the only one! Now we have some recommendations to try! Hopefully i'll try a few and find one that gives me instant results that I get from hi-end stuff...

co-signing completely with you Mizani_Mrs:yep:! In a effort to save more and spend less this year, I too am seeking quality drug-store brands. I am going to look into the NTM line this weekend. Hopefully, we both will be able to find what we're looking for.

thanks ladies for the recs, i GREATLY appreciate it. now i have somewhere to start!

As for the salon products that are sold at drugstores...in my mind i always think these products are 'watered-down' versions of the real thing. i guess if i ever run into joico at the drugstore i can purchase and see if there is a difference.

thanks again!!!!

Wow! U really have alot of valuable info. I am definitely going to follow ur advice and try out a garnier mask/DC product. and see if i still loose a small amount of hair when detangling, like when i use aveda or joico. I'm excited!!!! thankks! maybe i'll experiment with NTM and or HE leave-ins too.

Drugstores lines often do one thing very well, if you pick from each what they do best you can have salon quality for a 1/3 of the price.

In the products I've tried, for my hair relaxed, texlaxed and natural I've found Garnier excels at masks, DC bases and co-wash conditioners. Pantene at co-wash products only, sunsilk and herbal essence and co-wash and leave-in products, Jason as shampoo, co-wash and DC products, John Frieda at co-wash and DC products, L'OreaL as co-wash and DC base products, Nature's Gate as co-wash and shampoo products. Sunsilk and John Freida are very hit and miss with me for styling products as is Garnier but once you find something that works you're gold. I must note, aside from Nature's Gate and Jason drugstore shampoos = fail. At least for my mane.

HTH. :yep:

Back