The Best Clarifying Shampoo? Please add yours

Wow, nobody's feeling Nexxus Aloe Rid as much as me???? Guess not!! :lol: Nexxus and Kenra are the only two that I've used, and both get my vote.

I really like the Kenra Clarifying. It does a great job, and leaves my hair moist as well. (thanks HoneyDew)

I also use VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze. I like it because it has a jelly like consistency when it first comes out of the bottle, and it smells nice.

Last edited:
the only one i've used is suave. it works fine for me, but i was wondering if there was really much of a noticable difference between the suave and keracare (or kenra). no point in spending all that money if a cheapie will do just as good...

hOnii said:
the only one i've used is suave. it works fine for me, but i was wondering if there was really much of a noticable difference between the suave and keracare (or kenra). no point in spending all that money if a cheapie will do just as good...

I can only speak from my experience YMMV, but yes there is a big difference in Suave or VO5 and Kenra. I haven't used Keracare's clarifying poo so I can't speak about it at all. My hair is a lot softer after clarifying with Kenra than it is with the other two. I don't think Suave/VO5 do any damage to my hair, but when I have the extra funds I choose Kenra. :)

hOnii said:

Yes @ the bolded.

I have also used Aveda Detox, but Suave was just as cleansing/non-stripping.

lovenharmony said:
I use Pantene Pro V Clarifying poo. The others I've used like VO5 left my hair feeling dry.

hi lovenharmony, it is great isn't it? I thank Den 1 greatly for the suggestion, I actually bought two more bottles today. I'm in love with it.

Back