Votes: 3 17.6%
  • both

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • neither (please explain why as well)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

preciouslove0x

I found only one thread in the archive about this and it only had two posts. So I was wondering who uses unfiltered ACV as oppose to filtered ACV?? Or have used both? What were the results??

I'm asking because I've always heard about ACV here on the boards and decided to finally go pick some up. Well while I was in the store I realized there were two kinds and I decided to go with the unfiltered one. I haven't even open the bottle yet because I'm waiting for comments from you all lovely ladies :yep:

I love acv. I didn't even know there were two different kinds. I some times will use acv then some times I will use white vinegar. Both do the same to me and they are a staple in my house. I use them to wash my hair.

I only use Bragg's. It's raw, unfiltered, organic, and unpasteurized. I use ACV for other things besides my hair, so it's important for me to have the "real deal".

The filtered/pasteurized/heated vinegars don't have all of the health benefits of raw vinegar, but I'm not sure if that's important for the hair.

I use Heinz ACV (filtered, I guess). I dilute mine w/ water when I wash my hair & I love the results (soft and shiny hair).

Do you find that ACV really cleans your hair? I tried it for washing and I didn't feel it cleansed my hair. I use it as a final rinse though.

I prefer unfiltered

i have only heard of unfiltered ACV really making a difference as far as skin care. i use filtered for my hair but will probably switch to unfiltered just because i am trying to buy more natural/organic products.

I use organic acv I dont knw if that means its unfiltered, I drink this kind too (and its a bit expensive) so i now use regular distilled malt (white) vinegar on my hair as a final rinse cause I live in a hard water area my hair is doing gr8 with that one

I prefer unfiltered because it has all of its natural properties that are good for you (obviously) and it has "the mother" which very good for you. I don't have a book to tell you why, I will just tell you to check it out on Wikipedia.

FYI: You can turned filtered ACV into unfiltered by pouring an ounce or two of the unfiltered stuff into the bottle.

I found only one thread in the archive about this and it only had two posts. So I was wondering who uses unfiltered ACV as oppose to filtered ACV?? Or have used both? What were the results??

I'm asking because I've always heard about ACV here on the boards and decided to finally go pick some up. Well while I was in the store I realized there were two kinds and I decided to go with the unfiltered one. I haven't even open the bottle yet because I'm waiting for comments from you all lovely ladies :yep:

I use unfiltered ACV by Braggs. I have psoriasis and it helps sooth my scalp.

Last edited:
I've used both and in the end stuck with the filtered on my hair because it's cheaper. As far as I can tell both work the same on hair. However, it does make a difference when it comes to face/skin so if you're using it for a scalp problems then get the unfiltered.

Back