The Battle of the Jojoba is Ova

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have been a jojoba fanatic for at least the last 10 years.

The very best jojoba oil is:

41TDchfz3wL._SS500_.jpg

I switched to this one for a while:

21p94nNpfyL._SL500_AA170_.jpg

It does not compare, though it is pretty good.

The Aura Cacia organic is smooth and silky feeling in my hand and it gives that same feeling to my hair. Locally, you should be able to find it at a health food store. A few years ago, it was not so readily available and I would order it through Vitaminshoppe and have it delivered to my local store to save on shipping. But now, a lot more places keep it in stock.

The Hobacare, I have only been able to get it online.

The Hobacare I buy at whole foods. I'm going to be on the lookout for that Aura Cacia. Thanks.

Does this weigh the hair down? I have fine strands. Too much makes my hair look thinner that what it is. Supergirl your hair is beautiful. :yep:

Does this weigh the hair down? I have fine strands. Too much makes my hair look thinner that what it is. Supergirl your hair is beautiful. :yep:

Thank you :) Jojoba is one of the lightest oils I have used. The consistency is also such that you can use a small amount for lighter "coverage" and more for heavier coverage. In my experience, if I use some on my hair daily then only by the 3rd or 4th day is my hair kind of heavy. And it's not a bad heavy if I'm wearing my hair up. Hope that makes sense.

I love jojoba! I only use what's available to me at the local health foods grocery and I think it's mountain rose. I can't try these other brands, I don't want to get spoiled ;)

I bought a half gallon of hobacare jojoba oil a while back (my PJ days) for my skin. But at the time, it was whack on my hair (I was transitioning atm the time). Since I've still got alot of it maybe I should give it another chance now that I'm relaxed. I know its supposed to be good because it's the plant oil almost identical to the molecular structure of human sebum.

Miteychick

I've always found coconut oil to be heavier. It makes a good prepoo IMO, but not a good daily oil.

resize_image.php

This is my favorite brand - Heather Loraine. I haven't been using it. Need to whip it out. I used to do a hot oil scalp treatment with it once weekly. How do you ladies use jojoba oil? TIA...

i use the kind from trader joes and i like it. its nothing special though i may try another brand.

I like Aubrey Organics

version of Jojoba...:infatuated: Although the bottle is rather small :nono:

*Desert Essence is also good.

They are both Organic:love:

I love jojoba oil. I use a dab every once in a while.

If I start using it like how you do, I'll have enough to last me a decade at least :lol: SuperGirl, do you use jojoba oil for anything else? pre-poos/mixed with conditioners/oil rinses?

Thanks for posting this brand, I really want some jojoba oil but the price for such a small amount in just to much. Never tried it but some day I will.

I been using the DE(from whole foods"but not the org. one i think") and I LOVE IT!!!!!!
So far much better than CO (at least for FALL) and i really like VATIKA oil.

If I start using it like how you do, I'll have enough to last me a decade at least :lol: SuperGirl, do you use jojoba oil for anything else? pre-poos/mixed with conditioners/oil rinses?

Yes, every once in a while I mix it into conditioner. I use Atlien's conditioner mix. It's great. :up:

I been using the DE(from whole foods"but not the org. one i think") and I LOVE IT!!!!!!
So far much better than CO (at least for FALL) and i really like VATIKA oil.

I have a couple of bottles of Vatika that I need to use up. I have only used it as prepoo oil. Do you have any other suggestions on how to sue it?

Since I have sensitive skin, I have to use the filtered clear kind. The regular gold one breaks me out. This is the only brand that doesn't upset my skin.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I know the "inconveniences" and sometimes limits that sensitive skin puts on us.

Have you tried this one, SG?

Jojoba-Oil-33250.jpg

Been seeing iot around and I dont know if i should try it

Yes, I tried that one a few years back. I didn't too much care for it.

Back