The Baggie Method

LadyJay114

Is there an online tutorial on how to do the baggie method?

My hair is growing, but my ends are a mess. I would like to know how to do this before I trim them off in 2 weeks.

Thanks ;)

I have a question too..related to phony ponies...

I sooo want to do the baggie method but the only phony pony I found have little combs attached inside and I'm thinking it might pull out my hair :(
Exactly how do the ladies who use those attach them to their hair. I saw the baggie method in several albums but there is never anything about the phony pony...Aren't you ever afraid it could fall or something?:confused:

cassie in paris said:

I sooo want to do the baggie method but the only phony pony I found have little combs attached inside and I'm thinking it might pull out my hair :(
Exactly how do the ladies who use those attach them to their hair. I saw the baggie method in several albums but there is never anything about the phony pony...Aren't you ever afraid it could fall or something?:confused:

My phonies have the comb attatchment and drawstrings. Plus My newgrowth is very thick and nothing ain't coming out of that:lol: .

But I just insert the comb attatchment in very deep. And take it out verrrry slowly while holding my hair down with the other hand. I occasionally feel a few peices of hair snag but never any breakage.

As long as you insert the comb in very deeply you shouldn't have any worries about it falling off.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:LOL. I posted the same concern in a thread - how do you wear your hair for work? I Posted it yesterday

cassie in paris said:

determined_to_grow said:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:LOL. I posted the same concern in a thread - how do you wear your hair for work? I Posted it yesterday

:lachen: I just checked out your thread. I guess we should it a go then...although I'm still concerned about the combs...:ohwell:

MizaniMami, thanks for your reply. Your pony is the same as mine: comb attachment and drawstrings. I'm not sure I feel confortable using the comb though...Some of the ladies say they take it out. I might try to just use the strings + pins + satin scrunchie...

What do you ladies think?:)

Okay am going to check out her ablum because I want to start over, my ends are horrible, and I am just losing hair

OH Chicoro has a version in her fokti album just check her profile
and I have a link in my siggie click the faery card.

Hey ladies! I'm so glad I found this thread.

I have a few questions about this method:

1) I know you should moisturise your hair, then seal it w/ grease or oil. How wet should your hair be before the oil goes on?

2) How long should the baggie be left on? I've gotten the impression that some people leave it in for days until their next wash. Is this correct? If so, wouldn't this lead to breakage from mushy ends?

3) How often is it safe to bag? Does your hair need a breather (e.g. no baggie for 24 hours)?

4) When the baggie is removed, do you wash the hair? Do you let it air dry? Do you remoisturise & seal it again?

Muuuuuch thanks!! :)

1) I know you should moisturise your hair, then seal it w/ grease or oil. How wet should your hair be before the oil goes on? I moisturize w/mango butter or profective, and use WGO or Kemi oil - when wet. For dry hair - just profective or mango butter

2) How long should the baggie be left on? I've gotten the impression that some people leave it in for days until their next wash. Is this correct? If so, wouldn't this lead to breakage from mushy ends? I leave it on overnight, but some people that use phony ponies, leave it on the whole day, during the night, etc. 2 times a week, I baggie my whole head.

3) How often is it safe to bag? Does your hair need a breather (e.g. no baggie for 24 hours)? you can baggie everyday

4) When the baggie is removed, do you wash the hair? Do you let it air dry? Do you remoisturise & seal it again? After I remove the baggie in the morning I style my hair as usual (I wear my hair down for the most part during the week). You don't ned to wash again. I only remoisturize, no sealing.

Pretty much, it trial and error. Some methods works for some and not others. You just gotta play around to find what works for you.:)

So JLove, you baggie your ends every night, but put a plastic cap on all night twice a week? Did I get that right? How do your ends perform during the day, are they very dry by the time the evening comes?

Your responses really peaked my attention because I have rather weak edges (my life's stresses are reflected in my edges!), and so wearing ponies for the sake of my ends for the next few months was causing a dilemma for me. But I can get the same benefits, by alternating between phony ponies and wearing my hair down sometimes too by using your baggie method? Woohoo!!

Thanks in advance!

I baggie my ends everynight and leave it on everyday, all day...I wear my own hair in a ponytail and then I baggie the ends...My ends are never dry meaning I never be without my baggie unless I'm wearing a caruso set and you better believe my hair was baggied the night before and soon as I get home I wash my hair and baggie it right back up...My ends never break in fact it's actually allowing me to retain every inch of my ng with that being scared I'm actually scared to go without my baggie for one day or night BUT some ladies said that baggying everyday is causing breakage but for the most part alot of ladies are in love with the baggie:) I use profective healthy ends or mango butter and then I seal my ends with kemi oyl:)

Back