The AVEDA thread -- I GOT MY HAIR COLORED!

kurlybella

hey ladies!

well i finally did it. i got my hair colored today.

i've had to reschedule my appt over and over because of schedule conflicts, but i finally was able to get my butt to the salon, sit in the chair and get color applied to these strands.

i have condish all over my head now and am heading to bed. but i just wanted to share a quick picture.

i have four colors - two highlight colors in the front (face framing) and two base colors throughout:

copper in the front with copper and blonde streaks and a base color of light to dark brown throughout. this pic is of my hair wet (which as you know is not true to color) straight from the salon, and i also have globs of condish in as you can tell.

IMG_2176.jpg

eta: here is my straight pic. i'm getting my ends trimmed tomorrow because they are not coping well with these freaking single strand knots!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

you can see the blonde that you notice in the pic above when i turn my head/hair moves/blows. i'll post different pics later.
IMG_2190.jpg

i'll have tons of pictures and updates shortly in my blog.

nite!

Last edited:
Ooooh I love color! Your teaser pics look amazing. I can't wait to see the full extent of it... and a view of the face framing highlites.

The ponytail color look great! I would love to see more pictures. Did you ask them for a color that complimented your skin tone or did you pic it out? I want to color my hair, but I want the stylist to assist me in finding a color that compliments me. Either way, very nice job!

thanks ladies, i've been taking pictures and will have an update soon!

red, i had pictures of what i wanted, and i chose the pics based on the models skin color -
that way, i already kinda knew what would compliment my skin tone.

Back