The Advertisements: Paid Subscription to Get Rid of Them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdeelight

Hello,

Those of us with posting access PAY for our membership on this board. I know the ads are for revenue purposes and I'm not hating on that but, they ads are a bit ridiculous now. Are we going to introduce a paid option to remove them or will those of us who pay now have the ads removed anytime soon? I can see leaving them for non-paying members but for subscribers, I feel this is a bit much.

I would be willing to pay to get rid of these things!

Sincerely,

bigDEElight

I remember the powers that be saying that we now have ads to keep the cost for membership down. It doesn't bother me any to have the ads. I don't even notice them anymore.

I hardly notice them either, but I hear it's a big problem for those accessing the site from cell phones, PDA's and such.

I rarely notice them too, but it might be nice to have an premium account available that would be completely ad-less. Just an idea. LHCF could certainly charge a great deal more for it.

I've gotten used to the ads too...until there was one placed in the first border; now I think things have gone too far.

Yes, it would be great to have an account where you couldn't see any ads...for those willing to pay for it. :yep:

I've gotten used to the ads too...until there was one placed in the first border; now I think things have gone too far.

Yes, it would be great to have an account where you couldn't see any ads...for those willing to pay for it. :yep:

:shhh: :shhh:

I discovered if there is an ad that particularly annoys you, if you use Firefox, you can right click to block it.

See, the thing is someone shouldn't have to use FF in order to not see ads. I use IE; I don't want to d/l another browser so that I can block ads.

The only ad that annoys me is the Glover's ad in the "welcome" section. It squishes everything. :wallbash:

:shhh: :shhh:

I discovered if there is an ad that particularly annoys you, if you use Firefox, you can right click to block it.

See, the thing is someone shouldn't have to use FF in order to not see ads. I use IE; I don't want to d/l another browser so that I can block ads.

The only ad that annoys me is the Glover's ad in the "welcome" section. It squishes everything. :wallbash:
yess!!! and even though I just blocked it....the title is still squished!!!

I just hate that some of them are offensive, like "Is Your Man Gay??" if someone mentions their husband or boyfriend in a thread

since this question has been answered numerous times on the forum, closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back