tHE $50 Weave Shop

PuddingPop

www.theweaveshop.com

Wow, weave shops seem to be going they way of Dominican salons and their $10 doobie spots. Ive been seeing signs posted all around my town for the past coupls of weeks and I finally got a chance to check out the site today.

It appears to be a franchise of weave shops where the price for a basic weave is $50. They have locations in Georgie, Jersey and Michigan.

I think it a nice concept and they'll make up for their low prices with the volume of customers they will get.

Has anyone ever been to one?

WOW they have 3 shops here in MI.

OMG!!! 50 bucks for this...All this hair for 50 bucks?!!!!!

14336_181120197934_92483357934_2890176_294316_n.jpg

I don't believe that! *folds arms and shakes head NO*

ETA: Oh okay I just read the "About Us" you bring your own hair and they sew it in for 50 bucks! I was about to say!

ETAM:
28501_398145601164_95516621164_4239932_1990210_n.jpg

28501_398955296164_95516621164_4260401_696728_n.jpg

Looks real from the back like some of the girls on here lol

Last edited:
I'm not one for weaves either but some of the styles are really, really nice and very natural looking.

I think so too! Of course I know nothing about weaves - but it looks like these ladies made a wise choice about the hair they selected, and the installs look well done. I likey! :yep:

Love it!!! The prices that stylist were charging was the reason I had to learn to self install. This is cheaper then some of the prices the kitchen beautician neighborhood girls charge in my area. Great idea IMO.

WOW! the styles are really nice and it just so happens that I AM the one for weaves :giggle: I wish there was a shop near where I live...hmph!

Interesting concept. I'm curious to see how these franchises affect the $200+ weave shops in the area.

As far as they quality of the work, I've seen weaves that cost a lot more look a lot worse.

Looks like somewhere I'd try....they have great pictures up and that's always a plus. But more than likely your gonna pay more than just $50 as I looked at the pricing. Still a good deal though!

Glad to see her doing business!!!

OMG my volume was all the way up when I clicked on the link!

PLEASE turn your volume down. I almost had a heart attack. :eek: :hair:

"Well I'm on my wayyy to the Fifty dolla weave shooooppp!"

Yes, I've seen the billboards all over Atlanta. I was wondering what a $50 weave would look like! LOL! Now I see what the deal is. The hair in those pics look very pretty.

I wonder what you don't get for $50. I get weave maintenance and my stylists do not act like they forgot who I was. I've had people to do that before.

And there are extra charges bka the fine print:
There is an extra charge for using one pack of hair, using more than two packs of hair, single tracking, splitting tracks and re-using hair. The stylist will inform you of any extra charges.

So if all I need is one pack, I'll get charged? Beware of the hidden fees. $50 may sound like a bargain but...I guess that's all I have to say about that.

I just need to know where is the Dominican salon in houston where I can get the $10 doobie cause that's all I need, lol.

I just need to know where is the Dominican salon in houston where I can get the $10 doobie cause that's all I need, lol.

They dont have $10 doobie spots in Houston??????

That's crazy. They have them most everywhere else. Maybe some Houston ladies will chime in. There's gotta be one somewhere.

I wonder what you don't get for $50. I get weave maintenance and my stylists do not act like they forgot who I was. I've had people to do that before.

And there are extra charges bka the fine print:
There is an extra charge for using one pack of hair, using more than two packs of hair, single tracking, splitting tracks and re-using hair. The stylist will inform you of any extra charges.

So if all I need is one pack, I'll get charged? Beware of the hidden fees. $50 may sound like a bargain but...I guess that's all I have to say about that.

I have been before and there are no hidden fees. All prices are posted clearly in the salon. The "$50 weave" is your basic weave with no closure, no net, and with some of your hair left out. I ended up getting a full weave, net, and closure. My total charge was $85.00. The weave was done well, I just didn't care for the closure or net. The closure looked awkward and the net made it difficult to get to my scalp. I am not a person who wears weaves a lot and when I do I only keep it in for about 4-6 weeks tops. I decided to use them because I can't see paying $$$$ for a sew-in. Overall, I would go again, I would just not get the net or closure.

Been there twice, I like it. I went to the decatur location once and buckhead once. I got the net and it kept my hair healthy underneth. There are alot of folk touching your hair so you dont get one stylist throughout the process. One person braids, one person weaves, one person cuts and styles etc. I paid about $85.

I seen these signs here in NJ and was like yeah right. Nice to know they are legit! :)

I have my Indian Remy hair so that is cool. I might put my hair to some use sooner than later. :)

Very interesting. Hopefully someone on the board will be brave enough to check them out and let us know. :look: Personally, I think I'll still hit up Dontspeakdefeat when I go home to ATL in August...

I seen these signs here in NJ and was like yeah right. Nice to know they are legit! :)

I have my Indian Remy hair so that is cool. I might put my hair to some use sooner than later. :)

Yeah, ive been seeing them all around Central Jersey too. Ive seen some signs with 908 area codes but the olny Jersey locations listed on the site are 732 and 973 areacodes. Maybe all the locations are not listed on the website.

I'd certainly like to try this out this summer.

Back