The 100th person with question about Henna!!

CHANNYY

Morning Ladies.,

I have been reading through thread by thread and I guess my questions havent been answered. This is targted to ladies with relaxed heads.

1) How long should you wait to do Henna after relaxer?
2) How do you know which brands are the best? I heard Mehandi (sp) we (relaxed heads) shouldnt buy.
3) My hair is dark brown and I would like a lighter brown but unsure what to get. My hair is past shoulder length but not APL. * I have read people do the henna treatment but then use indigo. The indigo is what changes the hair color? If I wanted to go a lighter brown will I need a color pack to mix with the Henna?

I hate make you ladies to keep repeating..but I'm still so confused:perplexed

Any information would be greatly appreciated

I'm natural and do henna once a week or every other week. Whatever you do, DO NOT add indigo to your henna mix. The indigo will turn your hair black (or very, very, very dark brown).

My hair is medium brown. I add katam to my henna mix to keep it from being so red. And I sometimes add black walnut hull powder.

I'm mentioning @IDareT'sHair for her to come in to answer your questions. She's relaxed and does henna treatments.

BTW, I use jamila henna.

I only purchase mine from Mehandi.com (Body Art Quality) for African American and Chemically Treated Hair.

Cassia, instead of Henna might be your answer. It will give you a lighter brown.

You should go on Mehandi's wensite and read up on Cassia for a lighter brown.

The Henna is going to give you Reddish Tones. For very Dark Brown I do a Hendigo =Less Henna mixed with more Indigo.

Morning Ladies.,

I have been reading through thread by thread and I guess my questions havent been answered. This is targted to ladies with relaxed heads.

1) How long should you wait to do Henna after relaxer?
2) How do you know which brands are the best? I heard Mehandi (sp) we (relaxed heads) shouldnt buy.
3) My hair is dark brown and I would like a lighter brown but unsure what to get. My hair is past shoulder length but not APL. * I have read people do the henna treatment but then use indigo. The indigo is what changes the hair color? If I wanted to go a lighter brown will I need a color pack to mix with the Henna?

I hate make you ladies to keep repeating..but I'm still so confused:perplexed

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Im relaxed. I waited about 3 days after my relaxer? So it was pretty fresh. I used Henna Sooq and it came out very very red (I hendigo'd) but I was going for more of a black tone. Henna will change your hair color more brown/red indigo will do darker tones.

I am not sure if you will get anything lighter than ur hair tone though. It only coats the hair. Anytime you want to lighten your hair usually you have to bleach it some. Unless you put lemon on your hair for awhile then put henna over it?

Back