That's MY Baby!!!!!!!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Here locally, a 14 year old girl ran a car through a daycare window accidentally and injured 8 children. She was taken into juvenile custody. When they showed the mom on TV, the mom continued to say "That's my baby and I'm gonna stand by her. That's MY baby!" she said adamantly. She wasn't one of those ignorant sounding people that you see on the news sometimes, she was just adamant about standing by her child. She went on to say that they were Christians and she felt she'd raised the girl the right way. She never said the girl was right or wrong in what she'd done.

For a moment, I wanted to be critical of this mother because her child was wrong--dead wrong--and she knows it. But in the next second, this thought entered my mind: Isn't this what God says when we mess up? While the devil is busy accusing us, isn't God saying "That's MY baby! I stand by her. I sent my Son to die for her. She's MINE!"

Thank you Father for such love and mercy.

Supergirl said:
For a moment, I wanted to be critical of this mother because her child was wrong--dead wrong--and she knows it. But in the next second, this thought entered my mind: Isn't this what God says when we mess up? While the devil is busy accusing us, isn't God saying "That's MY baby! I stand by her. I sent my Son to die for her. She's MINE!"

Very well said!

Supergirl said:
Isn't this what God says when we mess up? While the devil is busy accusing us, isn't God saying "That's MY baby! I stand by her. I sent my Son to die for her. She's MINE!"

Wow.

Amen

Supergirl said:
For a moment, I wanted to be critical of this mother because her child was wrong--dead wrong--and she knows it.

(Me too.)

Supergirl said:
But in the next second, this thought entered my mind: Isn't this what God says when we mess up? While the devil is busy accusing us, isn't God saying "That's MY baby! I stand by her. I sent my Son to die for her. She's MINE!"

Supergirl, that was a good perspective. :yep:

Hopefully the mother's stand will exemplify and illuminate God's unconditional love for her daughter to see, understand, and change.

why wouldnt she stand by her? did the daughter do it on purpose, was she high/drunk? and you made a good point in your post

Excellent EXCELLENT
Supergirl said:
Here locally, a 14 year old girl ran a car through a daycare window accidentally and injured 8 children. She was taken into juvenile custody. When they showed the mom on TV, the mom continued to say "That's my baby and I'm gonna stand by her. That's MY baby!" she said adamantly. She wasn't one of those ignorant sounding people that you see on the news sometimes, she was just adamant about standing by her child. She went on to say that they were Christians and she felt she'd raised the girl the right way. She never said the girl was right or wrong in what she'd done.

toinette said:
why wouldnt she stand by her? did the daughter do it on purpose, was she high/drunk? and you made a good point in your post

Well, just for the intent of answering your question--it is ILLEGAL in Texas for a 14 year old to be driving a car--16 is the minimum legal driving age here. So, no she wasn't drunk of high--just doing something illegal.

Back