That's it! No more texturizing for me!

Amarech

I think i will have to leave that to the professionals.

I just gave myself the most awesomest, most wonderful, beautiful perm ever! ( I know some of those words aren't right but Im happy).

I think in an attempt to "texturize" most of the time I ended up underprocessed. So this time I did a full perm and I am very very very pleased with the results.

My hair is in its best condition ever! Because my hair is properly relaxed, it stays straighter longer which means I don't have to do touch ups all the time. I was concerned over the amount of times I had to flat iron my hair even though I had a perm.

And the slightest thing would make the "waves" appear. Recently I was so hot I was sweating. Did my hair "go back"? Nope. My hair lasted for almost 2 weeks and still looked good! The only reason why I washed it is because it was itching too much. I've never been able to go more than a week between washings anyway so this was good.

Some of you may have success with 'texlaxing" but after 1.5 years of trying, I don't need those curls that much! I like straighter hair.

Besides, if I'm really craving curls I can do a fierce twist out that will have people thinking I'm natural so its all good.

THAT SOUNDS AMAZING.... I HEAR WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE WAVES AND THE CURLS ESPECIALLY 6 WEEKS AFTER YOUR PERM YOU CAN'T REALLY TELL WHAT RELAXED AND WHAT'S TEXTURIZED-- IF YOU EVER WANT TO DO MINE LET ME KNOW-- LOL (I'M LEARNING TO LOVE MY CURLS- WELL AT LEAST UNTIL I GET FED UP LIKE YOU)

I thought the purpose of texturizing was to soften or loosen your curl pattern only. :confused: Not an attempt to have bone straight hair? If you want bone straight hair a relaxer is the answer not a texturizer. :look:

Texturizers don't require a touch up but once to twice a year unless you wear a really short short hairdo which requires cutting off the hair every three-four weeks.

With that being said I am glad you finally made the real transition for your hair needs and wants. Happy relaxing. Now you can do some awesome rollersets and really cute flat iron. :grin:

Taij said:
I think i will have to leave that to the professionals.

I just gave myself the most awesomest, most wonderful, beautiful perm ever! ( I know some of those words aren't right but Im happy).

I think in an attempt to "texturize" most of the time I ended up underprocessed. So this time I did a full perm and I am very very very pleased with the results.

My hair is in its best condition ever! Because my hair is properly relaxed, it stays straighter longer which means I don't have to do touch ups all the time. I was concerned over the amount of times I had to flat iron my hair even though I had a perm.

And the slightest thing would make the "waves" appear. Recently I was so hot I was sweating. Did my hair "go back"? Nope. My hair lasted for almost 2 weeks and still looked good! The only reason why I washed it is because it was itching too much. I've never been able to go more than a week between washings anyway so this was good.

Some of you may have success with 'texlaxing" but after 1.5 years of trying, I don't need those curls that much! I like straighter hair.

Besides, if I'm really craving curls I can do a fierce twist out that will have people thinking I'm natural so its all good.

So did you run the relaxer through your whole head? I'm thinking about doing this.

Back