That will have been my last visit to the salon

God willing.

Just wanna vent here. Got a sew-in weave today at the African braiding salon. The last time I went they seemed very nice and did a good job, though it was too tight for my tastes for the first few days.

Today, I again asked for it NOT TO BE TIGHT. I don't even think they really understand what not tight means. I actually had to go online through my Iphone and look at hair articles saying things like "if the braids hurt THEY ARE TOO TIGHT" for motivation. After I read that I was like "ITS TOO TIGHT!"

They started to argue with me and tell me it isn't tight, blah blah that's the way it has to be done for the style. I'm like I DONT CARE IF IT DOESNT LOOK PERFECT I JUST DONT WANT IT TIGHT

I had to abandon the lady doing my hair to let the owner take over. At first, it was going better with her starting over. But guess what, at the end I still can't turn my head.

My God, why can't they understand some people's tastes?? You know what they had the nerve to say? "But your hair's healthy!!" What does that mean? My hair's healthy so you can do what ever the hell you want to it? I was like "my hair's healthy BECAUSE I'm picky! Not by accident!"

I tried to explain that I didn't want to rip my edges out. Guess what again. ALL OF THEM HAD F*CKED UP EDGES. They were like "blah blah that won't rip your hair out." Oh yeah? Then what f*d YOU up??

::sigh::

I'm going to start wearing wigs for my protective style after I take this sew in out. It's all just not worth it anymore. I'll invest in a great wig, do twists and more natural styles and that will be that. No more braids and bull. It's not worth the worry.

wigs sound like a better alternative for you. you don't want your hair to start thinning and breaking. you want healthy strong hair,

you will be fine just find an alternative or find someone by word of mouth that does good weaves without the super tight braids.

God willing.

They started to argue with me and tell me it isn't tight, blah blah that's the way it has to be done for the style. I'm like I DONT CARE IF IT DOESNT LOOK PERFECT I JUST DONT WANT IT TIGHT

I had to abandon the lady doing my hair to let the owner take over. At first, it was going better with her starting over. But guess what, at the end I still can't turn my head.

My God, why can't they understand some people's tastes?? You know what they had the nerve to say? "But your hair's healthy!!" What does that mean? My hair's healthy so you can do what ever the hell you want to it? I was like "my hair's healthy BECAUSE I'm picky! Not by accident!"

I tried to explain that I didn't want to rip my edges out. Guess what again. ALL OF THEM HAD F*CKED UP EDGES. They were like "blah blah that won't rip your hair out." Oh yeah? Then what f*d YOU up??

::sigh::

I'm going to start wearing wigs for my protective style after I take this sew in out. It's all just not worth it anymore. I'll invest in a great wig, do twists and more natural styles and that will be that. No more braids and bull. It's not worth the worry.

When I was in Europe I used to get my hair braided at an African salon. I only did it twice because they braided too tight. Most of the African women have lost their hairlines because of that so you are right, either find someone else who will not do it too tight or find another protective style. And they had the nerve to argue with you! I'd never go back there!

Back