that limp hair after a relaxer phase....?

niqu92

i got my hair relaxed last week so i just washed it today and i was going to do a braidout but my hair is just extremley limp...dont get me wrong its still really thick but its really limp....like am i making sense?:lol:
i usually get my hair rollersetted at the salon every week but im trying to save money so i wont be getting it done until nxt friday.so in between now and then idk what styles to do with my hair...i already know i cant do a braidout because if i do its going to look pitiful.the best option would be for me to straighten it but i already had it straightened last week after my relaxer so thats too much heat.
any suggestions?

I know what you mean. After I get a texturizer I usually can let it air dry w/ a scarf on & (to me) it's flat enough to where I won't need to flat iron. Maybe a WnG or a phony pony.

How about a flexi rod set? Some people do it dry but I dampen my hair as I roll it up and sit under the dryer for at least 20 minutes - sleep then take it out next am.

I know what you mean. After I get a texturizer I usually can let it air dry w/ a scarf on & (to me) it's flat enough to where I won't need to flat iron. Maybe a WnG or a phony pony.

ooh i think the air drying w/a scarf is a good idea
so while youre letting it airdry do you tie your hair up and then put on the scarf or do you just let your hair down, put on the scarf and then let it airdry?

How about a flexi rod set? Some people do it dry but I dampen my hair as I roll it up and sit under the dryer for at least 20 minutes - sleep then take it out next am.

i tried a flexi rod set a couple weeks ago and it was a disaster so im really scared to try again but then again i was like 10wks post so maybe thats why.
how many flexi rods do you use and what type?do you have any pics?

This is a good tutorial to watch to get technique down. However I do NOT chase with a fine tooth comb - I "straighten" the hair with serum then roll it (but try not to be heavy handed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2a6XqHrOmQ

I do this with grey and purple rods because I sweat too much when I work out so doing it with red rods would strictly be for a special event. My hair is just reaching BSL (YEAH!!) and I don't use more than 20-30 for a regular mid week I have someplace to go that I don't want to wear a bun to set.:) For that curly curly look the red rods are the bomb and depending on your length you may very well need about 50! However with my sweating it would last 2 days.The bigger rods give the effect of using a curling wand without the direct heat.

Sorry I don't have any pics I can post.

This is a good tutorial to watch to get technique down. However I do NOT chase with a fine tooth comb - I "straighten" the hair with serum then roll it (but try not to be heavy handed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2a6XqHrOmQ

I do this with grey and purple rods because I sweat too much when I work out so doing it with red rods would strictly be for a special event. My hair is just reaching BSL (YEAH!!) and I don't use more than 20-30 for a regular mid week I have someplace to go that I don't want to wear a bun to set.:) For that curly curly look the red rods are the bomb and depending on your length you may very well need about 50! However with my sweating it would last 2 days.The bigger rods give the effect of using a curling wand without the direct heat.

Sorry I don't have any pics I can post.

thaankyou!!:grin: i'll try this and see how it goes

ETA: oooh and congrats for almost being at BSL!:drunk:

Just came in to say I'm sorry you're going through this. Lol. I hate that first week after a relaxer. And even though you know your hair is going to rebound, you still feel like it is the end of the world. At least, I do lol. I'm so dramatic.

Back