Thanks to everyone for the tips to self relax

jasmin

Especially Londondiva and Kitchen-tician. I'm so excited. I finally took the plunge this weekend. I didn’t get it totally straight. It’s a little wavy when wet but I know what to do now. As I look around the site I see a lot of people are self relaxing. That is just amazing. Even my husband thought my hair looked better than when the stylist do it. He said it has more body and not thin from the blow drying. We both laughed at how I didn’t burn. The beautician always burn me in at least one spot and my hair didn’t smell like perm.
Man the feeling of control over my own hair is priceless.

I just love this forum.

I used Elasta qp Normal relaxer, Elasta stop action shampoo, Elasta intense conditioner (10 mins), Kenra mc for 5 minutes, Elucence conditioner as a leave in and NTM serum. Silky hair is what I got.

<font color="purple">I'm glad you did your own relaxer yourself. I did mine Saturday, and my hair came out 95% straight from the progress. I used the same products as you've listed, except I used a Mild formula, Clairol Renewal 5X Shampoo (permed/color-treated hair), and my homemade coconut conditioner. I love what Intense did for my hair, and the way it gives excellent slip.

I have to agree with you, though. I would like to thank both ladies for giving instructions on how to self-relax our hair. Yeah, beauticians do have a way of being rough on your hair, especially on burning the scalp to death without checking. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'll bump for both LD and KT. </font>

<font color="purple">Bumping for LondonDiva and Kitchen_tician. Thanx. /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Especially Londondiva and Kitchen-tician. I'm so excited. I finally took the plunge this weekend. I didn’t get it totally straight. It’s a little wavy when wet but I know what to do now. As I look around the site I see a lot of people are self relaxing. That is just amazing. Even my husband thought my hair looked better than when the stylist do it. He said it has more body and not thin from the blow drying. We both laughed at how I didn’t burn. The beautician always burn me in at least one spot and my hair didn’t smell like perm.
Man the feeling of control over my own hair is priceless.

I just love this forum.

I used Elasta qp Normal relaxer, Elasta stop action shampoo, Elasta intense conditioner (10 mins), Kenra mc for 5 minutes, Elucence conditioner as a leave in and NTM serum. Silky hair is what I got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey /images/graemlins/wave.gif I got a shout out. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's made my day. Seems like this weekend a lot of people self relaxed. Good on you and congrats. Not so bad is it? I could never trust another person (salon trained) to do my hair.

Jasmin, the waves are good. It's much better not to have it bone straight but to have some body remain in the hair. The great thing is when you want a carefree look you can have the waves and with a quick swoop of a ceramic iron go silky straight if you desire.

Awwww, your welcome Jasmin and Baby Curls /images/graemlins/kiss.gif I knew you ladies could do it. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

I'm glad that my 2 cents helped and that you all had good experiences. I'm sure you all's hair is very lovely.

Thanks again for the shout outs. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

You guys just don't know...well maybe you do but what a relief of stress that was for me. Those dang ol beauticians stress me out.

I'm so happy for all the successful self relaxing people. That's crazy how so many did it this weekend. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Back