Thanks to Darkempress old Hairdresser My hair has a new start.

strenght81

Two weeks ago I removed my braids after stretching for 4 months, while removing them I was so frustrated with the way my hair looked and decided I was no longer going to relax my hair and go natural. I started out removing the middle of my hair first and decided to chop it off to the point of new growth. After doing this I realized that the texture was unmanageable and I really wasn't ready to go natural.:wallbash: Luckily a week later there was a thread on the salon forum and Darkempress replied to it and I immediately Pmed her so I can find out who did her hair, well I got my hair done from her former hairdresser and I must say my hair is revamped. I got a much needed corrective relaxer and the rest is history. She didn't even trim my hair because she said I didn't need one. Underprocessed hair makes your hair looks fried so I thought I needed a trim and low and behold she never came near me with a pair of scissors, I actually insisted and she replied NO.:yep: I do have a long way to go but at least now I have some help in achieveing my goals. BTW the hairdresser is so nice and is very gentle with my hair, she also gave me some good tips on hair care, relaxers, color etc. She is definitely a keeper. :yep:

Check out my fotki for pics under the album new start: http://public.fotki.com/strenght81
Pswrd: newstart
"The mistakes i've made" features my butchered hair.:nono:
"hair 8/31/2008" is my new head of hair.:grin:

ETA: I even brought my own relaxer and she refused to use it stating that, it's the reason i am underprocessed. Guess she was right.

Last edited:
Can I get the stylist contact info.?

I might want her to help me with my under processed/texlaxed hair.:look:

When it is wet....:wallbash: I find it terrible to manage. Sometimes I just jump right under the dryer to get it a little more manageable before I start styling.:lachen:

Thank you all, I am so happy she is my new stylist.:grin:

tishee, no she isn't in tn. I live in New York.

ISNT SHE THE BEST!!!!
YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT GIRL:grin:
ITS REALLY HARD TO COME ACROSS A GOOD HAIRSTYLIST THESE DAYS....I'M GLAD YOU LIKED HER.
I WISH SHE DID NATURAL HAIR....I WOULD BE IN THERE EVERY CHANCE I GET...BUT SHE DID A GOOD JOB ON MY HAIR WHILE ITWAS RELAXED

Back