THANK YOU!--To you ladies who have requested Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo!

Crystalicequeen123

WOW! What can I say?? I finally broke down the other day and bought some Nexxus Aloe Rid Clarifying shampoo and used it after hearing all of the positive things about it on this board. Unless my stylist has clarified my hair (which I doubt), I haven't shampooed with a clarifying shampoo in YEARS! I mean, at least 4 years! I didnt' see the need.

But the other day I washed my hair with the Nexxus Aloe clarifying shampoo and it wasn't harsh at all! I was expecting it to dry my hair out and make it so hard and all, but it wasnt'. It was different from a moisturizing shampoo in that my hair really felt "squeaky clean", but after I put Humectress conditioner in my hair and sat under the dryer for about 15 minutes, my hair came out just fine.

The next morning when I went to do my hair, my hair was SOOO SOFT and manageable! I couldnt' believe what I was feeling! I always knew Humectress was a miracle-worker, but my hair has never felt so nice after using it! I think what they say is true. Clarifying shampoos make your products work well! :up:

Thanks again ladies for recommending it to me. ;)

Girrrrrrrrrrrrl I feel ya on this one, I had the same wonderful experience 2 days ago, it is totally different from other clarifying poo's, very moisturizing, and the Humectress and Theraphy are the bomb too, it helped me realize why I was soo pressed about Nexxus products to begin w/now I have completed my line of staples.:D

I use to use and love this shampoo, but after using it for awhile , I found that it was very harsh and stripping on my hair

sylver2 said:
I use to use and love this shampoo, but after using it for awhile , I found that it was very harsh and stripping on my hair

Uh-oh... :(

LOL* Well, thanks for the warning! :up:

This Aloe-rid shampoo is certainly not a shampoo I would use every week, every other week, or even every 3 weeks! MAYBE I'd use it every month. MAYBE. But honestly, I think clarifying shampoos should be used on an as-needed basis. I just bought it because I hadn't used a clarifying shampoo in years (yes...years!) and I could tell that my hair was getting kind of limp and life-less due to it. Plus, I CO-wash and shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo once a week. Plus, my hair was VERY oily when I used it.

So...yeah, I liked the shampoo, but yes...I agree...It's not a shampoo I would use often since it is stripping on the hair. I guess that's supposed to be its job, but you know... Nobody wants to over do it.

carameldiva said:
i use sally's generic version of this and i love it. Plan to use it at least once a month.

I also use the generic version and everytime I turn into mush it makes my hair soooooo soft! :lol: I can only imagine how much I'd love the real deal!

Back