Thank you Cassia and LHCF...I see a little progress with my hair definition issues.

Smiley79

Hey all, Just wanted to come with a quick update; the last few weeks I’ve been posting a lot about my hair issues regarding the fuzziness and lack of life and luster of my TWA. All of you were very positive and encouraging and told me to hang in there so THANK YOU all so much for that. :thumbsup:

Many of you suggested that I amp up my protein with either a conditioner, mayo/eggs treatment, or Henna type treatment. I opted to use Cassia powder because I had a couple bags on hand. I did this for the past three weeks straight, plus an extra moisture conditioner treatment mid-week. :lick: Some of you also gave advice for me to stick to one regimen and pay attention to what works and adjust it accordingly. (I did that, see below) I also was told to make sure I let the twists set completely, maybe longer than what I though was enough. So I tried that and I let them stay in for about 4 days this time and took that opportunity to let my edges rest from the high puff style I had been rocking the week prior. All these wonderful advice you all shared really helped a lot, and I don’t know if it’s just me, but I see a difference already and it’s really encouraging me to keep moving forward in this HHJ.
The first pic is the state of my hair when I came on here venting at my hair being frizzy, lifeless and without definition after my initial twists attempt.
THE EPIC FAIL :down:
24cbajn.jpg

Then after I started Cassia (about 2 times) and nursed my hair with more deep conditioning I tried my twists again and they actually stayed without unravelling. :yay:
2eq9b8m.jpg

makkgo.jpg

And I just rocked a beanie for most of the week to cover it up and let them chill out. My edges enjoyed the break too.
4sxunb.jpg

Then last night before I did my next Cassia treatment, I took out the twists and I was pretty happy to see a stronger shinier look and feel to my hair! :superman:
2wfqs6r.jpg

33y58hl.jpg

53ph0w.jpg

246m0jt.jpg

So, long story short, I’m quick to ask you Divas for advice and whine and complain all day :lol:, so I want to be quick to tell you all thank you as well!
:bighug:

RECAP
My issues were that my hair wouldn’t stay in twists or braids and it was fuzzy when I took them out and the hair was just downright dull overall. The products/regimen I chose to stick to for the past few weeks were:
-Cassia (Protein) & GVP Matrix Biolage (Moisture)
-Distilled water and olive oil in spray bottle (Liquid)
-Oyin Hair Dew (Cream)
-Shea butter and coconut oil that whipped into a fluffy cream (Butter)
-Coconut oil or Sweet Almond Oil for sealing (Oil)

That was it and I stuck to those few ingredients only; I did my Cassia faithfully every Friday and kept my hair moisturized along the way. So I just want to thank you all again.

...Don't worry, I'll be back with some other complaint soon as my hair feels like switching it up on me again. :spinning:

Last edited:
Re: Thank you Cassia and LHCF...I see a little progress with my hair definition issue

Awww glad your hair is turning around! It's all about the patience...LOTS and LOTS of it. :yep: :bighug:

Re: Thank you Cassia and LHCF...I see a little progress with my hair definition issue

So what exactly does the cassia do?

Does it alter the curl pattern like henna? I don't want to loosen it, but I would like to use more Ayurvedics and your results are awesome.

So what exactly does the cassia do?

Does it alter the curl pattern like henna? I don't want to loosen it, but I would like to use more Ayurvedics and your results are awesome.

EnExitStageLeft
Thanks girlie! Well initially started Cassia after seeing the results that Curly Nikki and Moptop Maven got from Henna. It's been proven to streghthen hair, help with better definition of the hair pattern and yes, some have said that it loosened their hair pattern. I am using Cassia for the conditioning benefits only, so I cant say that I have noticed any curl pattern changes. I planned on switching to Henna and I even have a few bags that I had already ordered but now I feel so happy with my Cassia that I wonder if I should stick with it. With Cassia I have no color issues, and that was why I tried it first. But I feel like unless I give Henna a try, I'll never know the benefits, so I want to atleast give it a go.

Smiley79

Thanks! I think I may give it a shot. My only worry is the pattern changes, but I may have to risk it :perplexed

Aww, that was sweet. You are welcome. We don't mind complaining as long as you make some changes. And you have definitely done that and are making good progress.

Thanks for sharing..Your hair looks very healthy/shiny too..Keep it up.

Happy Hair Growing!

Thanks girls! :)

Smiley79 you're hair looks great! we all have our struggles, with acceptanc being the hardest part. i was looking at your pics and was like, "i want my hair to twist out like that"

congrats on this moment forward!

Back