Thank goodness...my front layers/bang is growing out!!!

Ediese

I was so upset when I got my relaxed ends chopped backed in April because the front/sides of my hair had the most relaxed ends (approx.6"), so it ended up being really short in the front. The stylist cut my hair in layers to help with the shape.

I was just taking a look at pics of my hair after my first straightening as a natural, and I noticed how long my bang is getting. I'm almost positive that when I take out this weave, the layers shouldn't be so bad. I think the front/sides of my hair grows faster than the back.

Check it out. (please note: these pics only depict the progress of my bangs/the hair left out of my weave. The long length in the november pics is not my own. It is a weave.)

May 2009

[URL=http://imagefra.me/][/URL]

November 2009

Last edited:
It really is growing .. You're so pretty ..

Aren't you afraid of heat damage ?

Thanks girl! :) I think a lot of people feel like their leave out hair doesn't grow when they get a weave. I think a lot of that is due to the constant heat that they use to blend their hair with the weave...sometimes 2x a week. I know in the past when I got straight weaves, the front of my hair didn't seem as long as the rest of my hair when I took my weave out. Since I've been wearing kinky weaves, I don't even comb my leaveout :look:, and I don't straighten often. For this weave, this is the first that I've straightened in 2 months. I think for this past year, I've only straightened my entire head 2x.

Thanks girl! :) I think a lot of people feel like their leave out hair doesn't grow when they get a weave. I think a lot of that is due to the constant heat that they use to blend their hair with the weave...sometimes 2x a week. I know in the past when I got straight weaves, the front of my hair didn't seem as long as the rest of my hair when I took my weave out. Since I've been wearing kinky weaves, I don't even comb my leaveout :look:, and I don't straighten often. For this weave, this is the first that I've straightened in 2 months. I think for this past year, I've only straightened my entire head 2x.

Oh wow only 2x ? So you usually wear curly weave that matches your hairtype ? That sounds like a good plan. I cant imagine someone who is natural wearing a straight weave and having the straighten the left out pieces all the time... that section of hair would have changed texture completely by the time the weave comes out..

When i got natural im going to try and not do any length checks or use heat for two entire years (AS i have a goal to reach lol)

Oh wow only 2x ? So you usually wear curly weave that matches your hairtype ? That sounds like a good plan. I cant imagine someone who is natural wearing a straight weave and having the straighten the left out pieces all the time... that section of hair would have changed texture completely by the time the weave comes out..

When i got natural im going to try and not do any length checks or use heat for two entire years (AS i have a goal to reach lol)

Yep, after I realized that it was requiring too much heat to blend my transitioning hair, I decided to switch to kinky weaves. I'm getting a straight weave next month, but it's going to be a full head with a bang, so I won't have to worry about blending.

You could do what a lot of naturals do with their length checks. Instead of straightening, just pull on a piece in the back. Works the same way. :yep:

Wow, that is some good growth! What products are you using?

Thanks! I haven't really been doing anything. I don't think I even comb that hair. Since I have this curly weave, I usually just wash and slap on some Cantu leave in and IC fantasia gel. That's literally all I do. I think a lot of the growth is probably attributed to me leaving it alone and not using heat.

ugh i'm trying to get like you on those front layers!!! About 6 months huh??? well then I'm about halfway there =) however mine don't look even halfway there! But good job girly.

Ediese,

I LOVE your hair updates...all of them!!! You post so well. Congratulations on your progress and on your bangs growing out!!!

Yaaaayyyy!!!

cj

Back