Thank God I'm Natural book event(s)

laCriolla

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]Upcoming Events

Chris-Tia will be holding a book signing and natural hair talk back at Three Peas Art Lounge in South Loop, next Saturday November 14, 2009 from 2-4 pm.

Three Peas Book Signing
Saturday, November 14, 2009
2-4 pm
Brief Presentation on the History of Black Grooming Practices to be given at 3pm

Come join us for an interactive discussion about the history of black grooming practices and your feedback on the movie "Good Hair". Three Peas is located in Bronzeville/South Loop at 75 E. 16th Street (Between Michigan and Wabash).

Her Crown and Glory Benefit
Thursday, November 12, 2009
6-9 pm

Chris-Tia will also be signing books at the Her Crown and Glory Benefit being held on Thursday, November 12, 2009 from 6 -9 pm at The Mid-America Club in Chicago, IL. Sponsored by Soft Sheen Carsons and Neiman Marcus, Her Crown and Glory will showcase holiday evening couture benefiting African American women with cancer, challenged by the loss of hair-alopecia.

Hueman Book Store
December 4, 2009
6-8 pm
2319 Frederick Douglass Blvd
Between 124th and 125th Streets
Harlem, NY 1002

For more information about future events, please visit http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=fai8jcdab.0...godimnatural.wordpress.com/events/&id=preview.

****If you are looking to make some extra money this holiday season, Thank God I'm Natural is always looking for assistants who wear their hair natural to work our booth at events. If you are interested, please email [email protected].

[/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]Thank God I'm Natural--
The Perfect Xmas Gift for the

Special Woman in Your Life

The holidays are right around the corner and Thank God I'm Natural would make the perfect Xmas gift for that special woman in your life. Surprise mom, your daughter, or your best girlfriend with an autographed copy of the book with a personalized inscription that reads "Dear XXX, Always stay natural. You're beautiful just the way you are." As black women, it is not often that we're told we're beautiful as we are, which is why this is such a unique present. Autographed copies of the book are available online by clicking here. You can also purchase fitted ladies t-shirts in sizes S-XXXL at our online store.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]About the Book

Essence Magazine calls Thank God I'm Natural
"Your Natural Hair Bible"

THANK GOD I'M NATURAL
is a must-read for any black woman who has suffered hair loss or breakage caused by relaxers -- or has grown tired of spending thousands of dollars and her Saturday afternoons frying her kinky tresses into submission.

Featuring the advice of celebrity stylists for Jill Scott, Lauryn Hill, and Erykah Badu (among others), Thank God I'm Natural offers up to date information -- and a plethora of tips to help women break free from damaging chemical processes on the market today. While there is no shortage of information on this topic to be found on the Internet, Thank God I'm Natural is the most comprehensive natural hair guide on the market, and the book black women need now more than ever before.

If you buy just one natural hair book this season, make it this one. You won't want to do your hair again until you've read this lifesaving, reference book and heartfelt narrative from cover to cover.

Now available for purchase online at http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=fai8jcdab.0...kgodimnatural.wordpress.com/store/&id=preview
www.amazon.com or at your local Barnes & Nobles bookstore

[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]About the Author

Written by Chris-Tia Donaldson, a Harvard graduate who has suffered her fair share of hair drama, Thank God I'm Natural is an unprecedented resource guide for black woman looking to care for their kinky hair naturally. By day, Chris-Tia is a successful lawyer for a software company. By night, she is a freelance writer and entrepreneur looking to launch her own product line for naturally kinky tresses. Chris-Tia has been featured in USA Today, Essence Magazine, the Chicago Tribune, the Detroit Free Press, as well as, many other national newspapers for her thoughts on the growing natural hair trend, as well as, issues related to black women and their beauty spending habits. For this revolutionary book, Chris-Tia has interviewed hundreds of women -- from all walks of life -- about everything from the epidemic of hair loss in the black community to the historical effects of slavery on black women and their hair care practices. Chris-Tia hails from Detroit, but currently lives in Chicago -- where she is active in a wide variety of civic, educational, and charitable organizations.

[/FONT]
Contact

For media inquiries, to place orders for books (e.g. bulk pricing), or to set up a book signing, email Melodee Ann Claassen at [email protected].

TgiNesis Press
910 W. Van Buren #204
Chicago, IL 60607
Phone & Fax: (312) 651-8170
e-mail: [email protected]
blog: http://thankgodimnatural.wordpress.com/
ISBN 1-887905-24-3

[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif] Thank God I'm Natural
(W) http://www.thankgodimnatural.com
(B) http://thankgodimnatural.wordpress.com
Become a fan of Thank God I'm Natural on Facebook today.
[/FONT]

How ironic that the event is sponsored by Soft Sheen Carsons. It's all for a good cause I guess *shrugs*

Anyone read the book? Reviews?

Back