Texulaxed Ladies How Do you....

s_terry

What products do you use to get soft, airdyed , rollersets? Currently, my constant leave in is Salerm 21 and I might mix it with lacio lacio or a heat protectant. My airdryed hair is always kind of crunchy. I know there has to be something that will work to make it soft and moisturized, and benefical from a flat ironing perspective ( only time I rollerset) usually I rock a bun.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm in experimentation stage, but using Salerm, some Vatika oil and serum has been working for me. I used Semi Di Lino seems to be the serum that works best for me. I tried using Aveda and it wasn't as soft. I also experimented with Lacio Lacio to airdry and it left my hair hard. Using salerm and the other products I mentioned, I've been able to get good results w/ my twistouts. I'm happy about that b/c I've been tempted to blowdry and flat iron.
461099.jpg

The Semi Di Lino looks good. Would you mind posting the ingredients? thanks for responding!:) Any other suggestions ladies?

My texlaxed hair doesn't like cones so Giovanni Direct is my leave-in of choice. I'll occasionally mix a little serum in if I'm going to straighten it, but the leave-in itself has to be cone-free...cones in the leave-in plus cones in the serum are just too much for my hair.

I cannot get smooth rollersets to save my life. They dry and I still have to flatiron afterwards. I feel like that time under the dryer is a waste and too much heat!

Anyway, I airdry my hair and I use Qhemet's Sidr Tree Butter Balm (after I massage in a Fermodyl 619 vial) and then my serum of choice. Right now I am using Fantasia IC in the pink bottle. After it is dry, I flatiron. I wish that I could skip that step all together, but so far :nono:

Thanks Divine! Did I tell you you look so fresh and pretty in your pics girl! Just pretty.;) :D I wonder if the Giovanni would be cool to flat iron with? I know it's humectant and with my texted hair I dunno..... Maybe I should try it.

HoneyDew, sounds like we are in the same club!!I know part of it is because I don't roll as carefully and strategically as I could. I only flat iron occasionally, and my hair is usually pretty soft after the flat iron. but before my hair is so crunchY!!! It's kinda of funny cause I am usually bunning and spritzing every night, but can't do this when I flat iron. I am so use to it being soft and moisturized that it feels so dry when I flat iron. I almost can't stand it and just want to spritz my hair even though I enjoy rocking my progress every now and then. It's almost as if I can't enjoy it.

s_terry said:
Thanks Divine! Did I tell you you look so fresh and pretty in your pics girl! Just pretty.;) :D I wonder if the Giovanni would be cool to flat iron with? I know it's humectant and with my texted hair I dunno..... Maybe I should try it.

Thanks for the compliment. :)

The Direct makes my hair soft and manageable and protects it from the heat. I also use a heat protectant of some sort if I'm not airdrying, but it seems to improve my hair's health with continued use. If you purchase it from WFM, you can return it if you don't like it. Just keep your receipt. :)

My hair is always soft, moisturized and full of body. :)

I stay away from heat and usually airdry overnight in a rollerset using a good leave-in (Giovanni Direct), water, a good serum (Aveda Emollient) or I seal my wet hair with a very light oil or pomade (Aveda Anti-Humectant). Nothing heavy for my rollersets and NO setting lotion.

I'll give this Giovanni a try. I use to use it when just bunning but never with my rollerset. Isis, I want to say my hair is a tad more textured than yours (not as wavy has a little more kink to it.) How on earth do you get it smooth with a rollerset alone? If Only I could perfect your technique! How long does it take for your hair to dry? 2 for Giovanni Direct. I will be getting some this weekend/possibly tomorrow! Thanks ladies!:D

Back