Texturizing (NYC)

Hi ladies, Im seriously considering a texturizer since I rarely wear my natural hair out, I have had one before and it was a disaster--I think because the stylist had never done one before so I want to be careful this time. If I dont like the results, I already know Im ok with BC'ing and starting over but I want to go to a good stylist at least for this first time.
Im currently considering curve salon, hair help on wheels and macstyle or one of the stylists on the suede mag recs (I forget the name). If I decide on curve Ill have to wait a while because its very pricey and I have a lot of expenses next month so hair help on wheels and other less expensive salons are looking good but I dont mind waiting for a good job so any recommendations?

ok Ive scheduled an appointment with
Marvin Carrington, does anyone have any comments, I saw that a while back he was being boycotted by lhcfers--can anyone say what exactly happened? I dont want to spend a grip and be dissatisfied

Hairhelp on wheels: theyll only do the texturizer with an extension service

House of hair in BK: I made an appt but I think I might cancel, its a bit out of my way and seems just as expensive as Marvin etc

Curve: too expensive plus it seems like I wont be able to get my hair done when I need to esp since I havent gotten a call back to schedule the consultation

Please let me know if you have any tips, eg things to do or not do before I go to the salon or things to watch out for or if I just shouldnt mess with any of these ppl.

Re: Marvin--

I read at least three negative posts about him. Some people were burned. Someone else said after she stopped going to him, her bald spot finally started filling in. :eek:

His prices are enough to scare me away...

From what I heard on the board both Marvin and that Curve salon r too expensive. Find a good stylist w/ texturizing skills. Happy hair year! lol

Thanks for the responses; guess Ill just hold off till I can find someone I trust that is reasonable. Some good stylists are bad at chemical services and one bitten..still accepting recommendations

Back