Texturizer ?

KinksnCurlz

This may sound like a stupid question being that i've been on this forum for darn near a year
laugh.gif
but i have to ask it anyway because I am seriously considering this.

My next touch-up isn't until February/March so i have a little time to think this thru. I'm seriously considering a texturizer BUT at the same time, i dont know 100% what it entails other than the flexibility of wearing your hair curly (semi-natural -or- depending on your natural hair state) or straight. My question is how do you get your straight? Is it the same method as relaxing (meaning wash n' set) or do you need to flatiron your hair (or press it). How long would the relaxer stay in your hair and what do you do with your previously relaxed hair? Eventually, would you cut them (like you would say if you were going natural)? That's the dilemna i'm facing. I'd love to have that option to do both styles but i'm just not getting the texturizing thing completely. Can somebody simplify it for me so i can come to a decision by the end of next month? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Justice4alw!

My question is how do you get your straight?
I air-dry, then use the curling iron or I roller set.
I do not wear it straight often.

Is it the same method as relaxing (meaning wash n' set) or do you need to flatiron your hair (or press it).
See above. No flat irons or pressing for me.

How long would the relaxer stay in your hair and what do you do with your previously relaxed hair?
This is really an INDIVIDUAL decision. Each person is different. In fact, if your hair is multi-textured like mine, different parts of your head may need different time limits or even different relaxer strengths. I can leave it on for 15 or 20 minutes and still not have straight hair. Lately, I've started adding oil to the mild relaxer to allow more smoothing time. I do strand tests to determine my time limits and relaxer strengths.

Eventually, would you cut them (like you would say if you were going natural)? Not me.I was natural when I texturized for the first time. What you'd do with the previously relaxed hair would depend on how straight it currently is and how you'd wear your texturized hair. I intend to do this for a while. I don't like the major shrinkage that I got when I was natural.

That's the dilemna i'm facing. I'd love to have that option to do both styles but i'm just not getting the texturizing thing completely. Can somebody simplify it for me so i can come to a decision by the end of next month? Thanks in advance.
Instead of relaxing your hair straight, you are relaxing it to loosen the curl or wave pattern. You can loosen it a little or loosen it signficantly. This leaves more elasticity in the hair, allowing it to stretch more when it's manipulated. I think my texturized hair is very easy to maintain. It only requires a minimum of a water spritz in the morning, fluff and go. If I want, I can condition "wash", air dry, and go. No running from the rain or worrying about humidity. It's still curly enough to wear twists without having to secure the ends. It can't get much simpler than that. It's WONDERFUL!

Edited to answer the 4th question more thoroughly.

Thanks for the detailed respons ms. curlycurly
smile.gif

Now, my hair is not bone straight but it is straight. The relaxer is left in my hair for about 20-25 mins (i burn easily). I guess the beautician would know when to take it out. So my hair would look more natural as opposed to slightly relaxed rite? It's so confusing
laugh.gif

BTW, I just peeped ur pics and all i have to say is WHOA!!!! I WISH my hair would look like that. Your hair is beautiful and so THICK!!!!

Hey CH I got the best compliment yesterday. I was typing on the board and my boyfriend pointed at your hair and asked if that was me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Stop trying to flatter me CBJ, i'm not making anymore diagrams
laugh.gif

everytime my daughter sees the opening pic on the main page (Adrienne) she says 'that's u mommy...' i sometimes lie
spank.gif
and say yes, but than i tell her im just playing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks CaramelHonee!

If you can leave a relaxer on for 20-25 minutes and it's still not bone straight, I bet you would do well with a texturizer.

Back