Texturizer went wrong:how long do I wait to get another 1? TIA

morehairplease

The stylist that did it said it was their first time doing it but they had someone walk them through the process so I figured it was fine(never seen or had a texturizer before so didn't know what to expect). How long do I have to wait to get another texturizer or even a relaxer(short cut w/china bangs)? TIA ladies

How did it turn out? What exactly did she do wrong? Do you feel like she overprocessed you or underprocessed you?

Chinagem said:
How did it turn out? What exactly did she do wrong? Do you feel like she overprocessed you or underprocessed you?

hi!

imho it turned out horrible. There are several different 'types' of teturized hair throughout my head. There are parts that are actually straight(like a reg. relaxer would be) then there are semi straight parts some of the other parts are some what curled straight-if that makes any sense-overall I am not pleased with it and I let her know that. But whats done is done-I could kick myself right now-I am quessing that parts of my hair are a little bit of both-under/over processed.

I would have to say that the amount of time you wait has to do with how fast your hair grows. As long as you have a good amount of new growth so that you won't risk overlapping, you should be ok to texturize or relax. I'm very sorry this happened to you. I know it can be disheartening, but please don't let it break your spirits. I hope your next try will be more successful. Since I've never been in this situation, I can't offer any advice for the meantime, but I'm sure somebody will chime in with some great suggestions.

It sounds like she overprocessed you in several areas. Once hair has been relaxed to the point where it loses its curl, it cannot be restored. It can only be grown out and the process be repeated. If she had underprocessed you, you could probably spend the next few weeks deep conditioning your hair and attempt a corrective to further loosen your curl pattern shortly thereafter. Unfortunately, it sounds like you'll have to grow it out and re-texturize again.

I texturize my hair myself. I am new at it and still getting a feel for how to properly process it to get the desired result. So far, I seem to have retained much of my natural texture. I am wanting to loosen it up some more, so I might be attempting another corrective soon - or switching to a stronger formula - or just leaving it on longer - or maybe using the same product but smoothing it more aggressively.

Virtuasis, Modelchick and a few others on here are very well-versed on texturizing. Hopefully, one of them will chime in.

thanks options and chinagem!!!!

I so hate that she overprocessed it! I plan on letting it grow out for the next 2 months(longer if possible) since it is short I *think* I can get away with it.

thanks again!

What is your hair type? My hair is 4b. I've read that 4b hair doesn't texturize like other types. When I had my hair texturized, it didn't have any curl. It looked like it was just underprocessed with a relaxer. When I wash it, it stays straight until it dries, then it just looks crimped.

CORBINS said:
What is your hair type? My hair is 4b. I've read that 4b hair doesn't texturize like other types. When I had my hair texturized, it didn't have any curl. It looked like it was just underprocessed with a relaxer. When I wash it, it stays straight until it dries, then it just looks crimped.
My hair is 4b and I underprocess my hair on purpose with a relaxer. I've learned that is what a texturizer does anyway. I use my relaxer in my hair long enough to loosen the kinks but not all the way. I haven't read anything yet about 4b hair texturizing differently than other hair types since I haven't explored this topic that much.
BTW, I tried to look at your album but it isn't there, at least not right now.

This happened to me, but i did it myself. However, I overprocessed one side of my hair, so I have to fully relax it for it to look good. :crying3:

Back