Texturizer! How Do You Create Yours?

MonaRae

Hello Ladies

I'm new to texturizer and I wanted to know how you Ladies create yours.

My last relaxer (10/23/06) was my first true texturizer. I added loads of Olive Oil to my Mizani Fine/Color Treated relaxer and my hair loves it.

MonaRae

Hmm... so far, I haven't tried adding anything to my relaxer. Your technique sounds like a good one.

I just use the timing method. For my coarse hair, the directions say 25 minutes to relax my hair straight. I set my timer for 10 minutes total instead, which includes both application and smoothing.

I use henna. Although not a 'texturizer'. It has that effect by smoothing the hair cuticle down.

Hen-na!hen-na!hen-na! (jumping up and down with pompoms)

I did this by accident last retouch (2 weeks ago). I wanted very straight hair but ended up with perfectly texturized hair (for my tastes). Go figure. :cool:

I used Silk Elements Mild Relaxer mixed with Aphogee Intensive Reconstructor (the mix was 50/50) and added 1 tbsp of Aphogee EFA Oil to the mix. I smoothed my hair very agressively after application to the new growth (about 1.5 inches). Total time relaxer was left on hair was 22 minutes.

I'm very pleased and will do this again.

I'm with Isis... cut the time in half. Although I did add protein to my relaxer last time. I think the 11 minutes of processing time is part of the reason I still have curls.

I leave it in the regular length of time (takes me that long to apply it) but I use a much milder relaxer than I would if I wanted straight hair. I also don't smooth hardly at all after it's applied.

Back