Texturized + Dominican Blowouts = Lots of Heat?

Chichi

Half my hair is partially relaxed so I guess you would call it texturized (ever since my last transition attempt).

I've noticed ever since then that if I go to get a Dominican blowout that they not only use a blowdryer to finish but also a curling iron. I am uncomfortable with all this heat on my hair even though I've only done this twice in the last six months. I am currently looking to find a salon where they won't use the extra heat (curling iron) on my hair...

Any other texturized heads experiencing extra heat when you go for a Dom blowout?

Chichi /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

maybe they could just blow out your roots and wrap your hair. that way they won't need to bump your ends and you will still have some curl.

I'm texturized and when I do a dom. blowout at home I always do a rollerset, blow-out with round brush and then follow it up with a ceramic flat iron. It is alot of work but I make sure to wash and set my hair the night before I flat iron. So far I have not had any ill effects from the heat.. as long as I deep condition my hair and tend to its needs, my hair will cooperate.

Ive never had a dom blow out but Im texturized and when I wear my hair straight I have to use LOADS of heat. nothing else works for me. I have to roller set and use a curling iron, or blow dry and flat iron.
As long as you deep condition etc you should be fine. plus heat can be alright for the hair if used correctly.

Back