Texlaxing Less Damaging?

FlawedBeauty

I wanted to go natural because I really liked how my curl pattern was doin its thing from about earlength down. But from crown forward the curl patern is sooo tight and kinky i cant stand it.

I know i definitely don't ever want to have bone straight hair again as my hair is so thin and fine it looks bad, plus its kinda boring and my hair breaks way easier.

Anyways, to the point:

1. Would it be less damaging to apply a relaxeer sor something to the front of my head just to loosen up the curl pattern a bit??

2. Is there something designed specifically for this that i can use??

3. For those texlaxed what did you use and how long did you leave it on??

TIA :)

FlawedBeauty said:
I wanted to go natural because I really liked how my curl pattern was doin its thing from about earlength down. But from crown forward the curl patern is sooo tight and kinky i cant stand it.

I know i definitely don't ever want to have bone straight hair again as my hair is so thin and fine it looks bad, plus its kinda boring and my hair breaks way easier.

Anyways, to the point:

1. Would it be less damaging to apply a relaxeer sor something to the front of my head just to loosen up the curl pattern a bit??

2. Is there something designed specifically for this that i can use??

3. For those texlaxed what did you use and how long did you leave it on??

For me, being texlaxed is more damging, I'd call it more 'underprocessed' and it wasnt by choice. I used Motions Lye relaxer for the correct amount of time , say 18-21 mins but it causes my hair to matt when wet and makes it hard to straighten when dry. I am currently transitioning to bone straight and now the roots at least are much easier to handle.

FlawedBeauty said:

Anyways, to the point:

1. Would it be less damaging to apply a relaxeer sor something to the front of my head just to loosen up the curl pattern a bit?? my BFF does this. She's natural all over except for the front. I believe her hair texture is a 3C

2. Is there something designed specifically for this that i can use?? I'm texlaxed and you can use any relaxer to texlax. I used Precise for the longest time but i've just switched to Creme of Nature

3. For those texlaxed what did you use and how long did you leave it on?? Creme of Nature and i left it on for 5 - 10 minutes, minimal smoothing

I believe texlaxing has made my hair stronger, thicker and healthier.

Texlaxing, which I started doing "accidentally", has also made my hair much stronger, thicker and healthier. The relaxer (no-lye) application and smoothing time for me is 10 minutes.

lonei said:
For me, being texlaxed is more damging, I'd call it more 'underprocessed' and it wasnt by choice. I used Motions Lye relaxer for the correct amount of time , say 18-21 mins but it causes my hair to matt when wet and makes it hard to straighten when dry. I am currently transitioning to bone straight and now the roots at least are much easier to handle.

Motions is very harsh. It took my hair . As the stylist started washing it out my hair was coming out in the sink. She didn't do anything wrong in applying the relaxer so I am convinced that it was the relaxer itself not being compatible with my hair. It was horrible, now I'm natural.

DSylla said:
I believe texlaxing has made my hair stronger, thicker and healthier.

ITA...my hair is a lot thicker and stronger. I started out using texturizers and eventually began using relaxers to texlax (because I wanted to start rollersetting with a smoother result). Now I use a mild relaxer mixed with a protein conditioner. The site below is very informative. HTH

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=93491&highlight=texturizer

Back