Texlaxing and Clairol Luminizer

NIN4eva

SO, I'm like 8 weeks post and my 4A/B roots are getting restless. I'm relaxed with Affirm moisture plus (LOVE it!) but I used Clairol Luminizer (Loved these results too!) about a month or so ago and according to my research lightened hair and Affirm moisture plus relaxer is a no-no. Actually lightened hair and relaxer in general is a no-no.

I'm currently not relaxed bone straight, and am not interested in doing so in the future, but I would like to soften my roots so that my roller sets are a bit more uniform. I also do not use heat of any kind and will not be doing so unless there's some magical flat iron, blow dryer or heat protectant (I've tried many) that keeps breakage at bay. I even get breakage when I DC under a dryer! So I can't be bringing that back.

So ya'll, any advice on softening my roots and loosing the curl just a bit?

A texlaxer or texlaxing technique that will play well with my bleached hair?
A product to smooth out the roots a bit?

I'm already using Hicks Edge tamer for my edges. It definitely helps, but doesn't last long so I've been using my bangs to cover my edges these days. Anyway, I'm thinking of using it on my roots when I ponytail roller set.

Ideas? Thanks! :yep:

I dont your hairtype. I am a 4a and I usually use castor oil (Haitian Black Castor Oil) which is similar to the JBCO on wet roots, smooth my edges down a little bit and then put a scarf on... it always gets my edges very flat. I'd use the BCO on my dry roots during the week as well for the same purpose. My roots are always smooth even at 12 wks post.

Back