Texlaxers I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

bgyrl

Can someone please help me out with this texlaxing thing. I have texlaxed 3 times already and still my hair seems like it is still natural. Only when I wash it it soft and manageable. But man as soon as it's dry I can't do anything with it. I don't know what to do.

The first time i texlaxed i left for 5 mins, second time 7 and last week 10 minutes. I added oil and condtioner in relaxer first time, conditioner in the 2nd one and keratin in the last one. I even applied SSA before the relaxer and I smoothed on the last relaxer on the first two i didnt smooth.

I used ORS no-lye and I am a 4a. Can someone please tell me what i did wrong cus I am going crazy here!!!! I am so sick of waiting 6 weeks to do a corrective and not seeing any change!

Last edited:
It could be the overlap that is killing your hair. Even though it is 6 weeks, it could be doing more harm than good.

I used just for me (no-lye) and it seems to work pretty well on my hair. I mixed in some EVOO and didnt smooth. It still looks like a I am natural, but curls hang much more, and are more defined. But I can very easily go to a straight style.

Post some pics (if you can) so some of the more expereinced ladies can help you out.

Wish you luck

Last edited:
hey bgyrl, my thoughts are that maybe you left the relaxer in for too little time? I am also 4a and I use ORS no-lye every time I've texturized. The first time I used it on my fully natural hair I believe it took awhile (about 20 minutes) to take. My hairdresser is really good at looking at it and knowing when it's ready. And since then, we've always left it for about 15 minutes.

Also, my sis recently texturized. Her hair is mostly 4b, she used the same relaxer, and when she put it on her hair the first time they left it for 15 minutes and it barely took at all. Her hair looked pretty much natural still. Anyway, she decided to wait the full 8 weeks before doing it again, and she just did it last week. I went with her, and this time the hairdresser put on the relaxer and after 8 minutes washed it out, and presto! beautiful waves.

The time is the only thing I can think of why it didn't take...?

(Oh, and my hairdresser also smoothed it in and everything, but we have never tried mixing anything in with the relaxer.)

Yeah I think that you should leave it in longer. My hair takes a while too. I leave mine in for 20 minutes and it does not come out bone str8. I know that my relaxer already has conditioners in it. So maybe you adding extra conditioners is slowing it down too much. Idk:rolleyes:

I was about to say the same thing.
First.
Texlaxing is different from TEXTURIZING.

Both methods, if done correctly at a hair dresser require the product to be in your hair anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes...

When my hair got done, They sectioned my head into 5 areas, because of the different textures of hair... some of it processes faster than other areas.

When I first got chemically treated, i was getting texlaxed, which is using a relaxer to soften up my hair.

Like you, i couldn't see a difference in my natural hair once dry, but it was easier to comb in the shower....

getting a texturizer.. an actual kit that's called Texturizer like S-CURL...
that's the key to loosening your curls and waves, when your hair's dry.

I got an S-Curl texturizer in January... it's made all the difference.
Wash n go's every day now....
(too bad it's winter/cold :wallbash:)

Can someone please help me out with this texlaxing thing. I have texlaxed 3 times already and still my hair seems like it is still natural. Only when I wash it it soft and manageable. But man as soon as it's dry I can't do anything with it. I don't know what to do.

The first time i texlaxed i left for 5 mins, second time 7 and last week 10 minutes. I added oil and condtioner in relaxer first time, conditioner in the 2nd one and keratin in the last one. I even applied SSA before the relaxer and I smoothed on the last relaxer on the first two i didnt smooth.

I used ORS no-lye and I am a 4a. Can someone please tell me what i did wrong cus I am going crazy here!!!! I am so sick of waiting 6 weeks to do a corrective and not seeing any change!

How much are you adding? I add about 1/4 tsp keratin, 1/4tsp SAA, and 1.5 tsp of oil.

I apply and smooth (sort of) for about minutes then rinse and apply fiberguard for 5 minutes. The relaxer is still processing a little during that time.

Since you are using no-lye, it might also help if you use a chelating shampoo for a couple of washes to remove any mineral deposits from the no-lye relaxer. They can make your hair drier.

I use a lye relazer but I load protein conditioner into my hair first. After it dries I put the relaxer on for 11 minutes. I am able to keep curls but increase managabilty a great deal. I love it and my hair looks great. If I must say so myself.
Before
1-22-2008-122.jpg

After

2-4-2008-35.jpg

Last edited:
Tunergirl your hair is beautiful!!!! You too Sareca. But I probably am putting too much keratin and conditioner in. Maybe I shouldn't put anything in it at all. I also wanted to know if I switch for ORS to another brand will that be bad for my hair. Oh and what is fiber guard and what does it do?

By the way Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!!!!!!! :cupidarrow:

Back