TEXLAXERS -- I need you

missnappylady

Hello Ladies,

I think i'm finally ready to take the plunge. I bought my SE mild (lye) and now, i'm nervous. I don't want to relax my hair i just want hair like Sareca. :love: Ive been doing alot reading for about 6 months and decided to go with mixing olive oil/conditioner. The thing is I don't know how much to mix and I don't have any SAA. I need some tips before I make a huge mistake. Please share your knowledge with me.

Thanks Everyone. Wish me good luck!

DO A STRAND TEST! In fact, do more than one.

lol, that's the most important advice to give. It can be very tricky to get the exact level of loosening that you envision in your mind.

I think a tablespoon of oil is a good place to start :yep:

You have the mild, so unless you have very easy to relax hair, going overkill with the oil is no good imo.

Good luck!

Your game plan sounds good.

I just wanted to make sure you know that texlaxing will not give you an entirely different curl pattern. It only loosens your own curl pattern some. And since nobody has the EXACT same curl pattern, there's no guarantee that you will get the same results as Sareca, even if you followed her exact same steps.

Thanks ladies! I'll start with a tbs of oil and do a few strand tests. I hope I get great results. When I finally go for it, i'll post pics. :yep:

Back