TEXLAXERS: For those that texlax...

deborah11

How long do you leave the relaxer in your hair before rinsing out? Sorry if this question has been asked before but I can't find it in the search. If it has been answered if someone could point me to the thread that would be great. if it has not been asked and answered then I would appreciate your responses.

The timing depends on you and your hair. Some people cut the relaxing time in half, add things to the relaxer to slow it down, or just give it a few minutes to process before rinsing.

Your timing should be based on the texture you're trying to achieve. More time if you want less curl and more of a wavy effect, less time if you're looking for a slightly looser texture than the one you naturally have.

I would suggest finding someone with the results you like and a similiar hair type as you and see how they did it. I researched this way before I texturized/texlaxed and made sure to strand test.

I couldn't find the texlax support thread, but if you do a search for threads that have texlax in the title, you'll come up with many threads that could help you.

I do it for 20 minutes with super strength relaxer.

This would definitely straighten most people's hair, but my hair is particularly coarse and resistant.

Just an example of how people's hair is really different!

For a person with normal hair I'd say about 10 mins is the norm.

Back