Texlaxers and Relaxed heads...ends during braid/twist outs?

Tylers-mom

Hola...what do you do with your ends when you're doing a braid out or twist out? I've tried sponge rollers (which I like the best but creates knots and tangles), rolling with a bobby pin, using a tiny rubber band, etc. Please post pics if you can. Thanks!

No pics because I'm out of town but I either use small satin rollers, drinking straws secured with bobby pins or straight up saran wrap is what I used last night. Personally I like the saran wrap best...it's almost like I'm baggying my ends and curling them all at the same time.

I'm texlaxed, and my twistouts begin with 10 individual twists with 2" long pieces of drinking straw on the ends, which are secured with a bobby pin.

Last edited:
I use a technique similar to prospurr. I put perm rods on the ends. Whenever I forgo the rods, I hate how my ends look. With rods, my ends are sleek with a slight bump.

No pics because I'm out of town but I either use small satin rollers, drinking straws secured with bobby pins or straight up saran wrap is what I used last night. Personally I like the saran wrap best...it's almost like I'm baggying my ends and curling them all at the same time.

hmmm..how do you apply the saran wrap?

I haven't mastered the twistout, but I use satin strips to do my braidout so I braid down until I can't anymore and just wrap my ends in the satin.

When I do twistouts I do 5 or 6 of them. I roll the ends of 2 twists with one roller; I use the petite size of the Caruso set, so it’s 3 rollers per 6 twists.

Back