Texlaxed regimes needed!!!!Post your texlaxed regime here!!!!

Teja

Hey ladies!
Since I recently texlaxed I really need a detailed regime!
I did a couple searches but did not really come up with anything that was detailed enough, so to all the texlaxed ladies could you please let me know what regime has helped you achieve ultimate growth and healthy hair.

P.s I am a newbie this whole texlaxed thing is new to me I really need something step by step! ( I am slow):grin:

I don't know how much help I can be, but I just texlaxed for the very first time 2 weeks ago. It was great! I love it. I used the Soft and Beautiful Regular relaxer and added both oil packets that came in the packaging, added a healthy squirt of humectress (GVC), and I left it on for about 10 minutes. My new growth still has texture but it's so much more manageable. I can't wait until my whole head is this way! I did an ACV rinse right after rinsing relaxer and then neutralized. I think this was a key step.

After I deep conditioned with ORS, I did a roller set on the red rollers and sat under a hooded dryer. The roller set was kind of poofy because I'm not very good at them, so I wrapped my hair and sat back under the dryer for another 10-15 minutes. Hair came out strong and healthy with lots of bounce.

HTH!

I don't know how much help I can be, but I just texlaxed for the very first time 2 weeks ago. It was great! I love it. I used the Soft and Beautiful Regular relaxer and added both oil packets that came in the packaging, added a healthy squirt of humectress (GVC), and I left it on for about 10 minutes. My new growth still has texture but it's so much more manageable. I can't wait until my whole head is this way! I did an ACV rinse right after rinsing relaxer and then neutralized. I think this was a key step.

After I deep conditioned with ORS, I did a roller set on the red rollers and sat under a hooded dryer. The roller set was kind of poofy because I'm not very good at them, so I wrapped my hair and sat back under the dryer for another 10-15 minutes. Hair came out strong and healthy with lots of bounce.

HTH!

Thanks much but I need a couple step by step detailed regie !

Hey ladies!
Since I recently texlaxed I really need a detailed regime!
I did a couple searches but did not really come up with anything that was detailed enough, so to all the texlaxed ladies could you please let me know what regime has helped you achieve ultimate growth and healthy hair.

P.s I am a newbie this whole texlaxed thing is new to me I really need something step by step! ( I am slow):grin:

I have more in my blog. But here goes:

You guys I don't have a camera phone or digital camera that allows me to upload pics. I'm working on that. In the meantime, this helps me track my progress.

I texlaxed last night by myself with Mizani for Sensitive scalp.
First, I applied my protective stuff and that really worked well. I didn't apply to my entire scalp, just my areas of concern.
I had already separated my hair into five sections. I always texlax the back last so I did the middle, two front sides and then the back and smoothed my edges only. This took about 9 minutes to apply and 2 two smooth where needed.
Second, I jumped in the shower to rinse. (I also did a corrective on my back ends, because they were basically natural. )
Third, I then applied my protein reconstructor (the most important step) before neutralizing with Mizani three times.
Fourth, I applied the Mizani Moisturefuse conditioner, rinsed, applied one more neutralizing shampoo, rinsed thoroughly and then I applied Keracare and IC Reconstructor for a deep condition.

My hair came out the best EVER after a texlax. It was soft, but not stripped. I rinsed last night and detangled, applied M&T Leave In and then put it in a bun.

This morning I flat ironed my bangs only and I'm wearing the rest in a bun to work. It looks cute! I can't wait to flat iron all my hair and see my progress. I may need to trim again, because I haven't trimmed in awhile!

Updated to say: Now I rollerset and my hair is healthier than ever!

I have more in my blog. But here goes:

You guys I don't have a camera phone or digital camera that allows me to upload pics. I'm working on that. In the meantime, this helps me track my progress.

I texlaxed last night by myself with Mizani for Sensitive scalp.
First, I applied my protective stuff and that really worked well. I didn't apply to my entire scalp, just my areas of concern.
I had already separated my hair into five sections. I always texlax the back last so I did the middle, two front sides and then the back and smoothed my edges only. This took about 9 minutes to apply and 2 two smooth where needed.
Second, I jumped in the shower to rinse. (I also did a corrective on my back ends, because they were basically natural. )
Third, I then applied my protein reconstructor (the most important step) before neutralizing with Mizani three times.
Fourth, I applied the Mizani Moisturefuse conditioner, rinsed, applied one more neutralizing shampoo, rinsed thoroughly and then I applied Keracare and IC Reconstructor for a deep condition.

My hair came out the best EVER after a texlax. It was soft, but not stripped. I rinsed last night and detangled, applied M&T Leave In and then put it in a bun.

This morning I flat ironed my bangs only and I'm wearing the rest in a bun to work. It looks cute! I can't wait to flat iron all my hair and see my progress. I may need to trim again, because I haven't trimmed in awhile!

Updated to say: Now I rollerset and my hair is healthier than ever!

What about your reggie after you texlax?
How do you care for your hair ?

This is what I'm doing right now. I am in the DC challenge also.

Night before a wash saturate my hair in oil and massage into scalp until I get tired of it maybe 5 minutes. Apply satin scarf or bonnet.

The morning of wash if I have time run hot/warm water on a towel then wring most of water out and put it over my hair. For about 10-15 minutes.

Wash hair with a moisturizing or light shampoo (only if the second "wash day" a week) then (just started adding powders to DC) DC for whatever time I have available. Then rinse out. Then follow up with a conditioning rinse (any good instant conditioner). Then air dry half way, add moisturizer, seal with oil put in a boring bun. When its not a shampoo day I just use a conditioner in place of the shampoo. I do this every other day. Been doing it since the third challenge started. Sometimes I'll use MT in between, but when its gone its gone.

I don't know if you're into buns, but that's all I been doing for almost 7 months now. I been texlaxed since June 2008 and love it. I use Mizani butter blends mild, put about 1/3 to 1/2 a cup of oil in the relaxer, and cover my scalp, and prior relaxed ends with grease, or caster oil grease very thickly. And I'm off to the salon for the people to touch-up my head.

I like how they say "Mami you relaxer taking a long time" I really don't care how long they take because I put so much oil and grease in my hair that's its still wavy when they wash it out.

My regime is in my fotki

I've been a texlaxer for a few years, now, and I love it. My hair regimen is basically:

- eat healthy, get regular exercise, avoid stress and get adequate sleep
- moisturize once per day and avoid direct heat
- co-wash once per week, detangle then rollerset
- if there is buildup, shampoo, add leave-in(s), detangle then rollerset
- comb/detangle only when hair is damp; fingercomb when dry
- wear hair in an updo or curly/textured style (personally preferred over straight styles)
- self-texlax every 13/14 weeks (4 times a year); protein treatment, DC and color rinse at that time
- protect hair from rough surfaces and at bedtime
- trim hair after a major goal is surpassed or as needed/desired
- leave hair alone as much as possible (low manipulation)

My more-detailed hair regimen is located in my fotki, in the "About Me" section.

Hope this helps.
icon7.gif

Last edited:
I just texlaxed in December and noticed that my hair was a little dry. So this is what I have been doing lately.

either co-wash or shampoo (depends if I have build up or not)
DC under a dryer for 15-20 minutes
rinse
apply LIC
apply oil (whichever one I feel like applying at the time)
either rollerset or bun

HTH:grin:

Daily Cowashing (sulfate free poo 2-3 times a week), apply leave in and jojoba oil, followed by putting my hair in a bun, ponytail, or braid.

DC twice a week.

Relax, Protein Treat, and Henna every 10-12 weeks.

Trim as needed.

That's basically it.

Texlaxing
I texlax every 8-10 weeks (my hair cannot stretch any longer because it breaks severely)
I use ORS LYE or HS LYE mild, i put conditioner on my hair so there is no over processing and
...if i use MILD it stays on for about 30 minutes. I have veereryyyyy thick roots and it never caused a problem. If's its regular i move quicker.
[[ BASE YOUR SCALP !!! ]]
i wash with HE hello hydration or Tresseme ( it works for me very well ) AFTER NEUTRALIZING !!
then I DC with EVOO and Lustrasilk for an hour under the dryer
Then roller set and make sure I use garnier frutis serum for soft shiny curls :)

Maintenance
-Wash and DC once a week at least! silicon mix
-Trim's are once a year, mostly S&D
-air dry then flat iron ( 1x's a month) otherwise blow dry it and use NTM Silk touch
- Daily moisturizer is glycerin/water/100% aloe vera juice
- Since i live in NYC and the weather is freezing my hair stays in a bun under a scarf and under a hat so it does not dry out.
- LOW MANIPULATION !!!
- and a serious vitamin reggie that promotes growth and overall health.

** i did use mega-tek for a few weeks but my hair HATES all that protein so i stopped late november. I dont know about the growth but it made my hair thicker, but because of the protein overload, i had breakage and major shedding, so that got the boot.

I am on a personal challenge to not show my hair until May and I know that the results will be astounding. From my before pictures in October to now the growth is ridiculous i actually did my once a year trim Dec 24, 2008 and I still cant believe how it grew.

Last edited:
I am texlaxed and my regime is really simple:

I wash my hair twice a week with Sauve Conditioner sometimes with salt. When I need to clarify I add baking soda. I do not use any shampoo, my hair hates it with a passion.:nono:

I deep condition twice a week with Mane N Tail Conditioner with oil( Castor, Olive, or Coconut) with indirect heat. I have tried many different conditioners but this works the best for me because I need the protein on a regular basis. I have stopped seeing so much breakage beacuse of this. I may add a cowash in if my hair is feeling extra dirty because of too much product. ( I have thick hair)::rolleyes:

I detangle my hair once a week or every other week on wash day. It depends on if I noticed alot of shed hairs are being trapped towards the ends then I need to get to work!!:wallbash:

I never comb my hair dry. I would like to keep it on my head.:lachen:

I always air dry my hair since I wear it curly 100%. I am too lazy to flat iron my hair. Maybe when I reach APL? :ohwell:

When I style my hair I use S curl as a moisturizer and apply gel over that (Long aid curl activator, Proclaim aloe vera gel, & IC hair polisher to get the desired curl that I want). I add moisture to my hair once or twice daily. My hair is very dry.:wallbash:

I baggie my hair almost every night unless I forget or I am lazy.:ohwell:

I texlaxed my hair every 6 months because I do not experience any breakage at the line of demarcation. I will try a one year stretch in 2009!!

I only trim when necessary which is about every 3 months.

I take vitamins when I remember. Thats it. I hope this helps.:yay:

Last edited:
Wash Days
Shampoo bar
KC dry & itchy scalp conditioner
(ORS replenishing pak or Mane & Tail on protein weeks)
Deep condition with Nexxus Humectress
Detangle with conditioner in hair
Herbal Essence LTR Leave-In Conditioner
Air dry
Apply MT to scalp, moisturize & seal then bun
Half wig for special outings to avoid using heat

Nightly
Daily moisturize & seal by section
detangle with fingers
apply leave-in to ends as needed

Back