Texlaxed ladies who stretch - ? for you

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Hiya ladies :)

I've gone now 4 weeks since texlaxing my natural hair. After 4 weeks i'm finding that the new growth blends right on in with my hair easy peasy. Now, i'm not saying that it will blend in 2 more months but for now so far so good. Being texlaxed do you find it easier to stretch relaxers than say when you were bone straight (if you ever were)?

If after another 2 months my hair is still behaving and blending just fine I may end up stretching for 6 months instead of 3.

Any thoughts?

Only that you are correct in the blending. I'll post a pic in a few minutes of my newgrowth just for GP reasons. I am almost 20 weeks post. Some where around that range.

dry hair

wet hair

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing the pics :) Your new growth ain't no joke gal!!! Yes, even though I can see all the thickness of your new growth it does still seem uniform w/ the rest of your hair.

I can dig that and i'm looking forward to the next 2 months to see where I end up. I definitely want to stretch. If I could touchup only 2 x a year that would be awesome.

The long stretches are what made me decide to finally just transition. I could easily stretch for 7 months. I started w/3 months (was never a 6-weeker) then moved up from there. I'm fast approaching the 11 month mark in my transition and I'm still cool for the most part. Of course I have my days, but that's to be expected.

The long stretches are what made me decide to finally just transition. I could easily stretch for 7 months. I started w/3 months (was never a 6-weeker) then moved up from there. I'm fast approaching the 11 month mark in my transition and I'm still cool for the most part. Of course I have my days, but that's to be expected.

How long do you think your transition will be Eisani?

I only touch up 2 or 3 times a year max with no problem. I never stretched when I was fully relaxed so I have nothing to compare it to. I was natural for 3 or 4 years before I texturized and fell in love with my natural hair so new growth and fuzzy edges don't bother me like they did when I was relaxed years ago. I also don't straighten my hair all the time. If I wore mostly straight styles I'd probably touch up more often.

I initially planned to touch up at 4 months, but now I'm going for 6 months just like you :)

I've been texturized before, but this is the first time I could go so long. I would have horrible tangling at 3 months. Right now I'm coming up on 4 months with a little more than an inch and a half of growth (slow growing hair :() and I'm haing no problems. I take it as a sign that my regimen is really good for my hair and I'm using the right products :yep:

I want to stay texlaxed for a while though, I won't be transitioning anytime soon.

I stretched for 3 months last time.... but I only touch-uped cause of the Mary J blige concert and I wanted to use my color showers... now that its winter i can prob stretch til march but I prob wont cause my birthday is in jan.... but its real easy to stretch

REAL easy

Because of how lightly my hair is texlaxed, I'll have to wait at LEAST four-6 months between touchups. Even then I don't know how much I'll be able to tell is actual new growth. I might have to do a corrective to make it a little looser, and easier to distinguish from new growth. This was my original plan, but I got too scared that I would get it too straight this time.

I am at 11 weeks post relaxer and my new growth is out of control, especially in the nape area where I relaxed for probably less than 5 minutes, it is like a mini afro. So I plan to relax next week at 12 weeks, I will be doing a deep conditioner this weekend in preparation. I think I am going to try to go more texlaxed vs. texturized--wish me look.

I hope to work my way up to a 16 week stretch though. I never went 12 weeks when I used to be relaxed straight, I used to think 8 weeks was a long stretch! And I still can't really see my newgrowth, but I can most definitely feel it, and my hair is shedding more when I detangle now that I have so much newgrowth.

I only go to 10 weeks. My newgrowth has been come in quickly, especially since I added vitamins to my regimen. I'm at week 8 now and I swear I have at least an inch of growth already.

I texlaxed last in July, stretching has been really easy not colouring now:look: let's just say I failed the no chemicals challenge.

Back