Texlaxed Ladies Help!!!! My relaxer is broken.....suggestions for new relaxer needed.

Missi

I been using Affirm Fiberguard in Mild for the past yr: i relax every 3 months. I relaxed January 11 & my new growth looks like it was never touched.:blush: So I figured: maybe my relaxer is too cold (freezing weather lately: you know) so I sat it in hot water as I relaxed again on February 21 and my new growth still isn't straight.:wallbash: My co-washes straighten my hair better. :wallbash:I checked the exp date & its 10/10.

Ladies what am I doing wrong?

I am ready for a new relaxer, any suggestions?

p.s. i used Affirm cuz I used keracare in the past: now i'm an ayurvedic junkie...i want a relaxer somewhere on the lines of Motions: Salon Herbal Relaxer.......

Re: Texlaxed Ladies Help!!!! My relaxer is broken.....suggestions for new relaxer nee

Are you having any hormone issues? I believe that can affect how your relaxer takes.

Re: Texlaxed Ladies Help!!!! My relaxer is broken.....suggestions for new relaxer nee

Are you having any hormone issues? I believe that can affect how your relaxer takes.

OMG: I was pregnant...but not anymore :nono:... i thought the whole pregnancy thing & relaxers not holding was a myth:perplexed

I am not sure if it is hormonal but, my hair was texlaxed on January 16 and it did not take. Then again on February 18. My hair is still a wreck. This morning it felt like straw after I cowashed yesterday so for 4 hours, I combed with the rosewater spritz mix and vatika oil. My hair was so tangled and hard to do because my new growth is out of control. I was chemical free for 7 months then I decided to texlax in January. Huge mistake. I am actually thinking about getting a relaxer this week because there is no way I can have healthy growing hair like this. I mean I really lost alot of hair from breakage this morning. I am very disturbed by this. So again, I am not sure about the hormones. I am not pregnant nor have I been recently and I am having the same problem. First texlax with Mizani, second with Silk Elements. This is quite perplexing. Good luck. Maybe some one has some advice for us.:ohwell::wallbash:

Maybe its in the air. Lol. I dunno: i don't think i'll be relaxing past 12 weeks anymore: i think between 8 and 10 wks is the best for me being a self-relaxer as well. new2law if you find a solution....gurl u better hit me up. I haven't had a relaxer since mid Oct. so its a lil urgent. Lol

I wish I could help- but this is the story of my life. The front half of my hair will obey the relaxer, but the back of my hair has a complete mind of it's own. The back is much coarser than the front.

Missi- Do you clarify or chelate befire you relax?
Is there a lot of product build up?

Affirm fiberguard is considered a mild relaxer- I dunno maybe bump it up to reg strength.

I will so keep my eye on this thread- cause while the front of my hair is thriving- the back is not.

I been using Affirm Fiberguard in Mild for the past yr: i relax every 3 months. I relaxed January 11 & my new growth looks like it was never touched.:blush: So I figured: maybe my relaxer is too cold (freezing weather lately: you know) so I sat it in hot water as I relaxed again on February 21 and my new growth still isn't straight.:wallbash: My co-washes straighten my hair better. :wallbash:I checked the exp date & its 10/10.

Ladies what am I doing wrong?

I am ready for a new relaxer, any suggestions?

p.s. i used Affirm cuz I used keracare in the past: now i'm an ayurvedic junkie...i want a relaxer somewhere on the lines of Motions: Salon Herbal Relaxer.......

Is this a lye relaxer? If not, I'd suggest a lye relaxer. I use Bantu. I pay like $12 at the BSS for a huge jug of it. I've been using the same container for at least a year and it hasn't gone weak or anything like that. You can see pics of my texlaxes in my fotki. I don't mix my relaxer with anything; instead I coat my hair, ng included, in pomade/petroleum-jelly. Even coated in all that stuff it works.

Back