Texlaxed Hair

LadyCee

Hey ladies

I have been hearing alot about texlaxed hair but I dont know much about so i decided to make a thread to get all your ideas...please fill it up with all the information you know on it. I really want to try this out.
How is it done wat is the procedure
What are the benefits/disadvantages
Products you use for it
How long does it last/strech

Thnx girls

God Bless.

I am two weeks texlaxed and it has been wonderful:

PROs
less shedding
less combing is needed
easier to deal with after work outs (rinse, condition, oil, bun-up and go)
less product is needed because stuff goes on more evenly
CONs
haven't experienced any yet BUT I'll keep ya posted after the new growth starts

Can u explain da procedure of doing it 2me?

AllAboutTheHair said:
I am two weeks texlaxed and it has been wonderful:

PROs
less shedding
less combing is needed
easier to deal with after work outs (rinse, condition, oil, bun-up and go)
less product is needed because stuff goes on more evenly
CONs
haven't experienced any yet BUT I'll keep ya posted after the new growth starts

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=2222742&posted=1#post2222742

it is just like getting a relaxer, they apply it all over your head, being careful not to get it on your scalp from roots to tips. Then rinse, neutralize, condition or rinse, condition, neutralize, depending on what was used. I have a mizani reg in my hair.

David left the relaxer on for 13 minutes, my natural hair is/was 4a with 3c nape. I based my scalp the morning of with :babyg: baby vaseline

Last edited:
Hey I'm texlaxed and loving it. It was the best thing I've ever done for my hair (I was natural for six years).

I use Mizani relaxer, apply it and leave it on for 5 minutes (smooth the edges only)
Then I follow the steps of washing it out just like a regular relaxer. Deep condition and whalla! Beautiful, thick hair.

There have been no cons for me.

The pros are: sleek, straight hair OR curly, spiral curled looking hair (I love both) You can actually see your new growth compared to the texlaxed hair. (that's a plus for me, when I was natural I didn't know what was new growth and what wasn't!)

My hair is actually showing length now because it's not breaking from heat styling or dryness. Just this weekend two of my gfriends that I haven't seen in three months asked me (separately) if my hair was a fall! I couldn't believe it. I was so happy to say "no, it's all mine" and my hair is only collarbone length and a little longer in the back! But it's thick and healthy.

Texlaxing is my thing for life now. I can't believe I waited so long. Oh and I do everything myself (texlax, trim, wash, con treatments). I am at 10 weeks post relaxer next week and I plan to texlax the week after. My hair has flourished.

Back