Texlax? So my relaxed hair is really, really, really fine like no body at all rop

cocoagirl

and I am trying to think of a solution. After a touch up my hair just lays there flat, no blowing in the wind, no movement, no body. If I am understanding this right, is texlaxing the only way to give my hair a little thickness? If I want to only wear my hair straight and not curly, is texlaxing the only way to go? I am researching BKT'ing and texlaxing as options but want to know if I missed another possible option. Also, is there a way to texlax where your hair is just as straight as a regular relaxer and has no curl?

After a fresh relaxer, my hair appears flat and lifeless so I just wash it after 3 days.

I think that if you want straight hair then you shouldn't telax because you'll end up straightening it a lot and may damage or thin out your hair.
I think you should still relax but when you're drying it you should do a rollerset. If the final result has too much volume, then you should do a cross wrap and trust me, your hair will be straight but appear thicker with volume.

If you add honey to your DC, it will make your bouncy hair appear fluffy and gorgoeus but it won't feel weighed down :). And if you do a final rinse with 1 litre of cold water, 1 tablespoon of ACV, you'll have a lovely shine as well.

PM me if you want more info.

Good luck.

hmm ok, so looks like I'm just stuck with fine hair? I was hoping there was some sort of solution, like a texlax type of thing but with straight hair not straight/curly...

I have crazy fine hair and when I relax I rollerset (rollerwrap) afterwards so that I don't get that straight stuck to my head look...but it appears that I have flat ironed...

If your hair is thin and you are looking for body, BKT is not the answer as it makes your hair straight - similar to the look you are now complaining of. Henna, stretching relaxer up to 3 months, DC at every wash, relaxing hair less than the recommended time are some of the things that will help to thicken up your hair.

I am like Adora and my hair is THICK! I texlaxed and it makes my hair have a looser wave/curl than my tighter wave/curl pattern. If you want straight hair that is not an option (neither is BKT). The only thing that might work is stretching, protien, and DCing.

I have fine hair with low/medium density and texlaxing really didn't help! What is helping is stretching my relaxers, using a relaxer for fine hair, and relaxing my hair so it is not bone straight or texlaxed...just regular relaxed!

I'm not exactly sure I understand the OP. I also recommend, like charmtreese did, not texlaxing, but relaxing like 90%. So relaxing straight but not bone straight.

About the body, do you weigh down your hair with lots of products?

I have fine hair with low/medium density and texlaxing really didn't help! What is helping is stretching my relaxers, using a relaxer for fine hair, and relaxing my hair so it is not bone straight or texlaxed...just regular relaxed!

Oh yes stretching is the truth. My hair was so fine limp and thin initially but now it is filling out well. For me personally stretching is essential if I want that thick hair. I wore my hair down yesterday and got asked if it is real! :grin:

What brand relaxer do you use? If you go to the salon, do you tell the beautician to only relax like 90% straight?

I have really fine hair too. Texlaxing helped me as far as getting thickness w/ air drying. But if I flat iron . . . or wrap a rollerset :look::lachen: (BTW-I can't wear my texlaxed hair curly-- I've got more texture in my texlax than actual curl.)

One thing that does help me is doing rinses. They are deposit only colors so they give the shaft a little volume that lasts for some time. They also deposit a bit of protein which is also thickens, and is helpful for us fine haired folk. If you like your current color, you can always go with a clear rinse. They'll even give you a bit of extra shine too. :yep:

Also, the mid-relaxer protein step during relaxing has helped thicken my hair. This is when you do a light protein treatment after you rinse the relaxer but before neutralizing the hair. This has drastically cut down on the post relaxer flat look for me. I LOVE this step. I get amazing body from doing this.

You probably also want to stay away from heavy shampoos and conditioners too. They will weigh your stuff down too. Consider going with a volumizing line. These tend to contain light, elastic kinds of proteins for giving fine hair a boost.:yep:

Bumping..... I dont want to texlax but have fine hair and medium density.... Maybe i should ad 1tb of oil to my relaxer for a tiny bit more texture?

Sistaslick - I would love to know which relaxer you're currently using if you don't mind sharing.

You ladies gave great suggestions to the OP! I hope it helps.

Back