Texlax Hair & Humidity

Charlotte

I got my hair texlaxed on Saturday - my stylist literally left the perm in my for no less than 3 minutes........ since the perm is not straighening my entire head all the way thru how do you deal with humidity??

Some areas are just very PUFFY and Big.... Im neverous to see what I will look like at the end of the day.

I'm loving the thickness!!

3 minutes? in my opinion, your hair is texturized.... still pretty close to natural lol.

For the rest of your question-humidity.. it depends if you're doing a wash n go, or if you're rollersetting it... let us know how you'll wear your hair and then members can tell you how the humidity will affect you.

I am fighting with this now...and I mean literally fighting. I texlaxed my last two relaxer touch-ups and I had so much POOF in the middle of my head that you would think I wasnt using any chemicals at all. My roots were semi-relaxed and I had straighter ends from relaxing previous years before, but the length of my hair was a str8 ball of poof!! I ended up doing a corrective because living in Central FL, humidity is no joke. I perspire in my head first as well so that makes it ten times worse. My corrective has done nothing to help so now I am contemplating fully relaxing and just managing a healthy head of relaxed hair. If you find any suggestions out I would love to try -- I love the thickness I have but my hair cannot take the humidity any longer!!!!

Humidity is no longer scary to me now that I'm texlaxed. Humidity was bad when I was relaxed-straight because any water/mist etc, caused my straight hair to become puffy. Which is really bad when it gets puffy unevenly. Now that I'm texlaxed and wear WnG's or buns most of the time, humidity/mist/rain etc. just makes my hair more curly/wavy. Definitely a good deal.

Last edited:
I've consistently had this problem for two summers in NYC. Now that I use Sabino Moisture Block though, I haven't had to worry about it. I don't know how you plan on wearing your hair (straight vs. curly) but they have a solution for either way. I've only used the moisture block though. You can search for threads on Sabino for other reviews. There are also Youtube videos about it. HTH It really has been a godsend for me. My hair is silky after flat ironing and stays that way until I wash. I can even go into a steamy bathroom and nothing will happen to my hair. It's that good!

Back