Terax Crema

ms_kenesha

Has anyone ever used this product I've heard it's really good and a lot of famous people use it.

Here's a product description: Original Crema - Jar

Can you say incredible? This daily moisturizer is a superb conditioning treatment that softens, detangles, and imparts manageability. Even better, this hair moisturizer works overtime as a deep conditioner that can be used once a week to vamp up tired tresses. Either way it smooths your mane in combable comfort, never leaving pesky buildup or weighing down hair.

The 16.9oz jar costs $45
shocked.gif
The tube is $20 and is 5oz.

Here are the ingredients: 16.9 oz Jar: Water, Ceteareth, Tristearin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Steartrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, FD&C #1.

About Terax: Wash away everyday hair troubles with a simple solution: the Original line from Terax Hair Care. Conceived and developed over the past 25 years, it is specifically formulated to target "trouble areas" (think dry locks). This complete line of moisturizing shampoos and conditioning lotions makes the perfect, nourishing treat for your tresses.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

With the Isopropyl Alcohol (that is the drying one, think rubbing alcohol) and the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, it doesn't sound like a good idea.

That's what I was thinking! Thanks for the feedback, but you know the PJ in me really wants to try a sample, but I don't know anywhere that has sample sizes!
mad.gif

I tried it once just because I'm a true pj, even with knowing the ingredients...Well, like I said I tried it once.

It was ok, but not great enough for me to continue to use it...the ingredients did spook me out a little!

I heard or rather read that Terax does have some good products though, it's just that the ingredients of the one you listed didn't sound as though they would be beneficial to your hair and of course I peeked at your hair album and your hair looks great!

[ QUOTE ]
I heard or rather read that Terax does have some good products though, it's just that the ingredients of the one you listed didn't sound as though they would be beneficial to your hair and of course I peeked at your hair album and your hair looks great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Prettybrowneyes! I have some recent pictures that I need to get developed so I can post them. My old picturetrail album wants me to PAY now
mad.gif

I used the Crema a while ago. It worked pretty well for a few shampoos, then all of a sudden it started making my hair crunchy. Haven't used it since...kind of sad, but I still have half a tube left upstairs
frown.gif

hope that helps!

Hugs,
Crys

Did somebody say sample?
laugh.gif

I've read a lot of reviews about this product (both good and bad) on different web sites. I wonder how it is.

i tried it on my 4a hair. it was okay (better than the keihl's silk groom for me)but i would not buy it again though...

I've tried a few Terax products. Didn't do a thing for me. The products actually seemed to make my hair kind of dry and strawlike. I gave them away to a Caucasian friend of mine (I don't think she appreciated how expensive they were!) because I figured the rave reviews I read must have been written by a white person whose hair it worked well on.

I tried it last summer. It wasnt all that, especially considering I paid a nice grip for it. Still have it and thought Id use for conditioner washes. But now that I realize that SLS is in it, I dont know....

Used it two times. Hated it. Still mad that I wasted my money
swearing.gif
Gave it to my friend with 3b hair. She thinks it's O.K. (but still not great).

I actually don't mind the Terax crema. I bought it at a Sephora store here in Miami and just finished my tube tonite. I've used it as a leave-in conditioner/wrap cream by itself and along with Aveda Elixir (one of my staples) and it keeps my hair strands soft and smooth.

Now I'm not sure if I should buy it again, hence my search for board reviews. The $20 tube is steep but a little goes a long way, and Sephora backs its products so you can always return it with no problem if you really hate it.

I guess since I haven't found a good substitute/alternative I think I just may try another tube... especially since it is part of my hair regimen that actually works for me.

Ms_Kenesha, try doing a search on ebay for this product. When I first became interested in it, I looked there and the 1lb tubs were always half the price that other websites were asking.

HTH
smile.gif

Norma15 -- The staff at Sephora stores will sometimes give you product samples depending on who you ask. Sometimes they are prepackaged and other times they pour some into a little jar for you. Smile and ask
smile.gif

Back