ted gibson's $200 castor oil plus

newflowers

Ladies -
I just must share this because I think many of you will get as much amusement out of this as I did. Dressed up castor oil for TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS - has the man lost his mind?!?!?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I mean, I'm the last person who'll complain about the cost of hair products because goodness knows I will indeed drop $25 for shampoo and call it a bargin - but this is way out of my league.

What do you think?

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P187139&categoryId=C17000

Goodnite Hair Repair Serum
What it is:
A treatment serum for damaged or unbalanced hair and scalps.

What it does:

The perfect solution for over-porous hair damaged from chemical services, hair without elasticity, and dull and dry hair. This reparative serum affects change at the surface cuticle, the inner cortex, and the core medulla levels of the hair shaft, bringing both oily and dry scalps back into balance. The Ted Gibson Complex - a unique blend of amino acids - conditions and strengthens the hair shaft by bonding to and filling in damaged areas.
4 oz:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Orchis Maculata Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Silk, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Glycerin, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Steartrimonum Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben.

Shoot, he has lost his mind. That oil betta grow my hair an inch every week. The comb had betta glide through my hair and it needs to make my hair resistant to splits ends. It also needs to come with a stylist, a babysitter, a massage, a facial, a pedicure, some threading, a driver, house keeper, cook, and a personal trainer. Q

Shoot, he has lost his mind. That oil betta grow my hair an inch every week. The comb had betta glide through my hair and it needs to make my hair resistant to splits ends. It also needs to come with a stylist, a babysitter, a massage, a facial, a pedicure, some threading, a driver, house keeper, cook, and a personal trainer. Q

No Q-all of that comes with the 8oz bottle. For the 4oz, you get a handy carry pouch, a foot rub and Mcdonalds on Tues and Thurs.

Yall are crazy! Shoot, a parfait and two dollar menu apple pies better come with that.

That man is ridiculous. For that price shipping better free... You know what, that's price gauging!

Uh do I get a number 1 or a number 5? Does it come with a McFlurry or an apple pie? Q

I see I shoulda been mo Pacific:rolleyes: No pie and no McFlurries either. You get your choice of Hamburger OR Cheeseburger Happy meal and no drank-just water-or the oil is negated from all of the HFCS. You see, HFCS and high class castor oil don't mix. :lachen:Now raise your pinkie and apply your oil. And before you ask, your foot rub is bootleg too-gone now-git before the price goes up.

I knew you ladies could appreciate the humor of this. And you know that McD's is not nearly classy enough for this castor oil - this is victorian high tea and crumpets castor oil.

$200 for 4 oz of castor oil, cones and parabens?!

I'll go make 20 oz of some better quality sh*t in my kitchen for less than 10 bucks :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh snap! I forgot that i got a twenty dollar sephora gift card for christmas still sitting here. Who wants to go in twenty dollars a person and get some? we can share the bottle and get like an eighth of an ounce each :lachen:

ya'll are funny:lachen::lachen:

nah, he hasn't lost his mind - he's found a JACKPOT in the clients that pay upwards of $600 for haircuts + $200 for color and all the other bells and whistles. So $200 is just a drop in the bucket for most of them.

Well, it is a nice bottle and it does come with an applicator built right in! Plus, I'm sure it smells very nice and really, is $200 too much to pay for your precious little hair follicles?

j/k:lachen:

I see I shoulda been mo Pacific:rolleyes: No pie and no McFlurries either. You get your choice of Hamburger OR Cheeseburger Happy meal and no drank-just water-or the oil is negated from all of the HFCS. You see, HFCS and high class castor oil don't mix. :lachen:Now raise your pinkie and apply your oil. And before you ask, your foot rub is bootleg too-gone now-git before the price goes up.
Aw shoot let me put my card away. He could have at least thrown in an apple pie or something.Q

Hah, that's more than a touch up there. I think those are $120. I went a couple of times (Nancy did my touch ups) and they use Aveda products. I don't think I'd ever get that though.

This one guy there did blow out my hair so silky smooth with the aveda Smoothing Fluid that I did go out and buy that (of course that's still sitting on my dresser). Skip the oil and go for the blow out!

Back