*tear* i need help

HairTemptress

Hey ladies,
I need some help yall. i absolutely love cowashing!!! my hair is moisterized its easier to style and it just works for me. the thing is i have recently began shedding, not alot but more that i would like. im not sure if its because of the recent cowashing or what:perplexed. i hope not cause i like cowashing to much for that to be the reason:grin:. The shedding wouldnt be a big problem if the shed hair didnt get stuck in my curls ( 4 mo post), causing some tangles. So does any one have any conditioners that might help to loosen my curl pattern so i can get a comb through my new growth so i can remove my shed hair? they can be cheap conditioners from the drug store or if you know a really good dominican conditoner id really appreciate it... thanks!!!!

Is it shedding or breakage? I'm not a professional or anything, but if is breakage, sometimes when you co-wash too much, you can cause a moisture overload. Do you counter cowashing with periodic protein treatments. If it's shedding, I read that several ladies use garlic (supplements, Queen Helen shampoo, or alter ego condish). Oh and you should try the Kiyafizzle to help loosen the curl in your NG (salt in condish).

Is it shedding or breakage? I'm not a professional or anything, but if is breakage, sometimes when you co-wash too much, you can cause a moisture overload. Do you counter cowashing with periodic protein treatments. If it's shedding, I read that several ladies use garlic (supplements, Queen Helen shampoo, or alter ego condish). Oh and you should try the Kiyafizzle to help loosen the curl in your NG (salt in condish).
This is what i was thinking also. What are you using to co-wash with?

I have been useing HE Hello Hydration for my co-washing i am looking to switch though. And no i am shedding hair, the hair has the little white bulb at the end....and silly me i have not been doin weekly protein treatments. i figured that was causeing my sheddng but i need suggestions on easy protein treatments.

Any more suggestions on products to loosen curl pattern in hair?

Whats the basics of the Kfizzle?

Thanks Guys, keep it coming!!!

I have been useing HE Hello Hydration for my co-washing i am looking to switch though. And no i am shedding hair, the hair has the little white bulb at the end....and silly me i have not been doin weekly protein treatments. i figured that was causeing my sheddng but i need suggestions on easy protein treatments.

Any more suggestions on products to loosen curl pattern in hair?

Whats the basics of the Kfizzle?

Thanks Guys, keep it coming!!!

Other ways to loosen the curl pattern is to use yogurt or baking soda or lemon/ lime or coconut oil and citric acid.

For the Kiyafizzle use 1 teaspoon salt to 8 oz of conditioner. Less condish, less salt, more condish, more salt.

Some light protein treatments are Motions Silk Protein, Joico Kpak daily condish, Dudley Hair Rebuilder, ORS Hair Mayo, and many many more. You can tell protein treatments by the one that help with breakage.

Back