Tea Tree oil in products

Shaniquah

:whyme:
Several years ago I bought a shampoo with tea tree oil in it (from Sally's Beauty Supply, unsure of what brand it was) and after using it whenever I shampoo, which was once a week, it stripped my hair, to a point where a co-worker asked me if I dyed my hair (it looked almost like the color of straw) I'm sure it wasn't anything else I was using at the time because that was the only thing different in my routine. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone use products with tea tree oil in it and why?

I have a Paul Mitchell's T-Tree shampoo and T-Tree conditioner. It really tingles but it has menthol in it and I'm always scared about it running into my eyes:eek: !! It has never stripped my hair but it seems strong enough to be like a clarifying poo. I always heard the "tingle" is a good thing so I try to use it maybe 1 x per month followed by a deep creamy conditioning under the plastic shower cap for an hour. Oh yea! When I wore braids I had a T-Tree braid spray that I loved because it cleaned the scalp and soothed the tightness.

i used parnevu t-tree oil, but I only use it sparingly.

but i dont think alot of tea tree oil is in it because its not even the first ingredient on the bottle.

I use Tea Tree & Aloe Anti-Breakage Scalp Therapy by Isoplus to seal my ends after using a water-based moisturizer..... and I havent noticed any stripping or discoloration. Hmmm, thats interesting..... I wonder what it could be that lightened your hair like that...?

I'll have to see if I can remember which one it was. I'm positive it was that shampoo. This girl was like "Did you lighten your hair?" I looked at her like she had wings on her back. I still don't understand what happened.

You know what? My mom swears that a tea-tree oil & carrot oil spray broke her hair out. Beforehand she was using another teatree oil product, but I'm not sure if she stopped b/c of breakage...I'll have to check.

It's weird b/c I think I've read that in some cases tea trea oil stimulates growth, but I could've sworn that I read somewhere that it hinders growth....I'll check on that as well.

Back