Tea Rinses now in Salons in New York!

Bosslady1

source: VitalJuice.com

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What's Brewing?
Do you take one gloss or two with your tea?

The newest all-natural way to revive lackluster locks is with a conditioning tea treatment, $75, from Philip Pelusi's Tela Design Studio. Tucked away in the Meatpacking District, the salon is attached to the Arium Cafe where you can get organic eats, teas, and vino.

The tea there is as much for you as it is for your hair. A stylist soaks strands in a pure herbal brew (cooled to room temperature) for about ten minutes. Our tester's blonde-brown hair took Classic Chamomile. (Brunettes may take Black Tea with Elderberries, and redheads the Rooibos Royal Velvet.)

The results: Hair that was softer and shinier with enhanced highlights. Plus it had a sweet, faintly chamomile scent the rest of the day.

Vital Value: From now until May 26th, Juicers can enjoy the tea treatment totally FREE with a haircut or, if you don't need your ends snipped, a blowout. Our tester says her blowout by a junior stylist was the best one she's had since...ever.

Tela Design Studio, 31 Little West 12th St., (212) 463-8213, MAP

I need to open up a salon! I promise you won't pay no where near $75.00 :nono:for my treatments.:yep:

We shall have Tea rinses, paste conditioner treatments, I'll even throw in an ACV rinse if you really need one.

So regular tea is supposed to make my hair soft and shiny?

And what's paste treatment? :perplexed

tea is just made of herbs/flowers/plants which have their own characteristics and various benefits for hair. for instance i just googled that chamomile tea that the salon is offering. chamomile is used to lighten hair. it also softens and moisturizes hair.

i just did a tea rinse using some black tea (i forget the specifics) friday. black tea is caffeinated and is said to both curb shedding (which is the reason why i used it, and it worked!!) and stimulate growth.

a paste is made out of ground/powdered herbs and liquid (water or rosewater or coconut milk) and mixed until its a paste (mud) and it is applied to hair.

so you find the herbs with the attributes you'd like to use on your hair and make a paste or rinse.

Back